Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

Seeing as it matched his assists total for all of last season, I'm not sure there is any such thing as a classic Harvey Barnes assist.

Makes a difference when you're playing for a motivational, tactical and self aware manager 

12 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

What so we are to forgive Fofana acting like a big baby and destroying morale? Mahrez crying about the fact HE signed a new contract at a club that plucked him from nowhere who wanted to maximise his vslue, Tielemans eating all the pies and fannying around half heartedly for the best part of 2 seasons giving the ball away. 

Just no!

Go by all means, play and give your all I have no problem. I'm not going to forgive players who behave like pricks or who think they are 'better' than us just because they did something good for us once.

Some of these players don't deserve Leicester City! 

Yeah but youri did score the winner in the cup final. Don't worry about the 2 years after where he put on about 4 stone and couldn't get around the pitch and we ended up relegated...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

No Fofana and Mahrez quite rightly got criticised for publicly disrespecting the club. Tielemans did no such thing and conducted himself in a professional manner. Why should he be treated differently to Maddison who checked out for the last 6 months of the season and out more effort into defending Rodgers from local reporters

Tielemans checked out the moment he decided he was 'champions league'. He was unfit and frankly should not have been in the first 11 last season. So many times he didn't track a runner or gave away procession easily.

I actually felt Maddison tried hard, the problem with him as he sometimes tried too hard and as a result tried to do too much by himself. He obviously as a young lad felt Rodgers did a lot for him, I suppose different coaches suit different players but I don't ever think it would be fair to says Maddison didn't 'try'. 

I think Maddison is fundamentally a decent lad, possibly too nice/too soft and a poor mentaility to be elite.

1 minute ago, adam said:

Yeah but youri did score the winner in the cup final. Don't worry about the 2 years after where he put on about 4 stone and couldn't get around the pitch and we ended up relegated...

Oh yeah it was all on Youri. Amazing how many players all of a suddem turned to shit isn't it? Hmmmm I wonder what the common denominator was

Newcastle plus Barnes looking strong early favorites in the Pick-Leicester's-Bones mini-league.

Spurs plus Maddison but minus Kane seem questionable.  Villa plus Tielemans but minus Mings ... I don't think so.

Maddison v Harvey for total goals and assists should be interesting though.  Both top ten in the Prem.

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Oh yeah it was all on Youri. Amazing how many players all of a suddem turned to shit isn't it? Hmmmm I wonder what the common denominator was

I mean we know Rodgers was shit but, I mean you could always say he won the FA Cup.

End of the day it's a team game.

Players deciding to run contracts down and managers throwing players under the bus is never going to end well.  It's been a multitude of failings the club should have got rid or Youri when he didn't sign a new contract, he might then have gone under different circumstances, the same goes if Brendan left 2 years ago after failing to get in the Champions League 2nd time round, that everyone at the time said we should be 'thankful for'. The more pragmatic could see issues back then with a soft underbelly. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Why do you keep defending him? Proper odd. Bloke was a joke last year.

• Like 1