Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

10 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Can't really work out what Emery's doing here. It's like Youri is on the left wing. But he keeps coming central and then there's no body on the left wing when Villa get the ball.

They lost their balance when Bailey was brought off at HT. Not sure why as he was linking up well with Diaby.

30 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah that FA cup final goalscoring winner really grinds my gears :mad:

He was largely abysmal for us for the best part of two seasons, he couldn’t get around the pitch and he was pedestrian for many a goal where the opposition comfortably robbed him or ran past him. He drew out his contract in the hope that someone bigger and better would come in for him and I make no apologies for saying that I take great joy to see a real Leicester lad being on a team that’s completely battering him and his new team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

No Fofana and Mahrez quite rightly got criticised for publicly disrespecting the club. Tielemans did no such thing and conducted himself in a professional manner. Why should he be treated differently to Maddison who checked out for the last 6 months of the season and out more effort into defending Rodgers from local reporters

He was the consummate professional, barring the fact he was about 3 stone overweight by the West Ham game and could barely run.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Who wasn't? Odd to pin it on one player

No one is saying its one player, collectively they were poor, they were poorly managed but noone can sit there and tell me Youri has given his all for the past 2 years, noone.

That squad should never have been anywhere near a relegation battle, theres some real dross in the bottom half of the Premier League.  The real issue was that until it was too late they collectively couldnt roll up their sleaves and battle. 

I mean if he was such a fighter a legend and good man, he could have signed a new deal on a lower wage...

Gordon and Barnes are a good option for Newcastle on the left. Gordon runs around a lot with really impressive off the ball work rate, but not so great end product - whereas Barnes is the opposite. Depending on who they're playing they're covered either way and Gordon will always run the right back ragged then Barnes comes on when he's knackered. You can see them actually building a proper squad. So annoying that we couldn't do the same with Barnes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

No one is saying its one player, collectively they were poor, they were poorly managed but noone can sit there and tell me Youri has given his all for the past 2 years, noone.

That squad should never have been anywhere near a relegation battle, theres some real dross in the bottom half of the Premier League.  The real issue was that until it was too late they collectively couldnt roll up their sleaves and battle. 

I mean if he was such a fighter a legend and good man, he could have signed a new deal on a lower wage...

I agree with most of that. We shouldn't have been anywhere near it no. 

On the last part though....why should he? He hasn't disrespected us by not doing so

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I agree with most of that. We shouldn't have been anywhere near it no. 

On the last part though....why should he? He hasn't disrespected us by not doing so

Well he has in a way, despite him being part of the problem he felt he was too good and moved on, which he mentally did 2 years back. He could have said I'll sign a 1 year deal im so gutted by the situation I want to get Leicester back where tgey belong. 

It's different when the club have to clear out to balance the books. 

It's partially Rudkins fault, he should have moved him on, I think the club thought they get into the Champions League and he'd sign but Rodgers failed.

It's a set of circumstances maybe Youri ends up looming worse than he is, but it is what it is as it were. We move on now.  Don't get me wrong tge FA Cup goal will live long, maybe longer than the hurt if we get straight back and become something 'new'. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Given that the general chatter is that he didn't really want to go and that the club desperately need to cash in, I really, really hope our fans don't give him an excessively hard time. 

I get why people like Fofana get stick but Barnes genuinely won't deserve it.

I think he would get comfortably the best reception of the players who left. Not universal but pretty enthusiastic from the majority.

Son as captain and madders as vice is probably the worse 2 you could pick. Romero is dog Shite but would more likely get the team up for it abit when if he did get sent off son and madders would be rolling around and moaning all game