Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Everton, Luton, Brentford, Forest, Burnley, Wolves and Spurs will fight for staying up this season. Early days but it's obvious Spurs have huge issues in their defensive line. They have 17 days to fix it and the problem was there during pre season. If it stays like that  they're going to be in big trouble like us last season. 

P. S. The 2nd goal of Spurs isn't a Madders assist. I've checked it a dozen of times. It seems like we're very close to an official statement that the sun sets from the east and we need to believe it. 

Edited by Fear Of The Fox

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We were screwed by FFP last season. Wolves are this season....how can Chelsea do this? They don't even have money coming in from European football. Now another 8 year contract. They seem to be able to do what the hell they want.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

Chelsea are taking the piss. And they are still ordinary. 

They must be close to breaking FFP rules even if the owners are that rich ?

Seems they can sign players for 8 years but only 5 of it can be “ amortised“ unless a new contract can b at a later stage .

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/28/chelsea-suffer-blow-as-uefa-close-transfer-contract-loophole

So basically Chelsea will just offer a new contract every other year or sell him on after 4....

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Everton, Luton, Brentford, Forest, Burnley, Wolves and Spurs will fight for staying up this season. Early days but it's obvious Spurs have huge issues in their defensive line. They have 17 days to fix it and the problem was there during pre season. If it stays like that  they're going to be in big trouble like us last season. 

P. S. The 2nd goal of Spurs isn't a Madders assist. I've checked it a dozen of times. It seems like we're very close to an official statement that the sun sets from the east and we need to believe it. 

Can't see Brentford struggling tbh, they look capable of scoring against most teams. Agree with your other choices, but suspect Spurs will be too strong.

Jack Harrison playing his tricks again, went to Everton for a medical upon an agreed an loan move. While there Villa come in with a late offer, he tells Everton that hes going to join Villa instead. Turns up at Villa, fails the medical at bodymoor heath. Villa pull the plug and makes a uturn decides he wants to go Everton now... 😆

Edited by Leicesterpool

11 hours ago, Langston said:

Is Caceido a Chelsea fan? If I was a footballer with the choice of them or Liverpool in 2023 there's only one I'm taking.

Chelsea are a bit of a mess atm but you’ve got to remember the lad is 22? So he’s grown up with Chelsea being one of the best teams in the world, unlike Liverpool. 

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Chelsea are a bit of a mess atm but you’ve got to remember the lad is 22? So he’s grown up with Chelsea being one of the best teams in the world, unlike Liverpool. 

Yeah I get that which is why I asked if he was a fan. Just seems a bit of a strange choice to pick over Liverpool without question, even though I do think they'll be much better under Poch.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Ward-Prowse moves to West Ham 

Does he realise who he’s actually joined because in his interview he says

"From the outside looking in, this is a club that has been on the rise for a number of years now and coming off the success in the Europa Conference League last year, you can feel there is real momentum around this club."

Now had he not mentioned the ECL I wouldn’t have picked West Ham out as the club being spoken about if I just read that alone 😂 

6 minutes ago, Langston said:

Yeah I get that which is why I asked if he was a fan. Just seems a bit of a strange choice to pick over Liverpool without question, even though I do think they'll be much better under Poch.

8 year deal on bigger wages probably contributes to it. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

This really is a weird 1 it’s almost like that Billionaire show off thing of building the most expensive yacht, they have hugely overpaid for him and do they really need him as they have Fernandez in the same position who was also over 100m and they still want Latvia, 3 DMs even just having the 2 at a combined £220m is just nuts when they need other areas strengthening.

Something happens to James and Chilwell their style of play goes out the window.

Edited by BKLFox

1 hour ago, Langston said:

London quite simply. 

There will be Ecuadorians living in London but very few in Liverpool 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

London quite simply. 

There will be Ecuadorians living in London but very few in Liverpool 

I mean there's every chance he hasn't even had to move. I doubt Chelsea still enforce their 'live near cobham' rule.

Wouldn't be surprised if he already lived in London, if not somewhere in between Brighton and London, easily commutable to training.

• Like 1

Chelsea fans absolutely over the moon about all this spending (which is sickening in itself) but they were all up in arms when Man City were taking the piss with spending too. Chelsea have a distinct air of smugness about them over it all. So much so that they can't even see their own hypocrisy. Or they're too stupid to. Or both. 

Seen plenty on social media saying 'ooh everyone is an accountant now when it comes to Chelsea's finances'. No. We're just not naive enough to think it's all okay.