Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Guest Kopfkino

Why are goalkeepers just allowed to take players out? Reminds me of the Ederson one on Barnes a few years back

Man United getting looked after nicely by PGMOL as usual. Refs not allowed to cost them anything, wouldn't want Sky Sports getting all upset and getting out their electron microscope and panel of Ex United players out to freeze frame it and try to construct some argument as to why a keeper punching someone in the chops isn't a foul.

• Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Not sure I've seen VAR replay an incident so many times only for the decision to *not* be overturned.

Glad we're out of it.

VAR Transcript: 

VAR: “I think it’s a penalty, Simon” 

REF: “Ok, remember It’s Man Utd at Old Trafford and they’re 1-0 up”. 

VAR: “Ok, Fair point, check over”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I feel sorry for officials sometimes, it's a hard job. But that's clear as day; there's not really any mitigation for missing it. If the PGMOL are going to start being hard-line with everyone else I expect them to discipline their own officials. There's no excuse for missing that apart from cowardice. 

They'll come out an say it's not clear and obvious; why even bother to check it in the first place then. 

In theory, VAR is perfect. 

Nobody gets fvcked over. Unlike cricket, because you can run out of reviews (which is bullshit), either get the decision right or wrong.

But the way its interpreted is horrendous. 

There is literally no excuse to get an important decision in football wrong, yet it happens time and time again.

And we should all love VAR. It kind of helped us win the FA Cup

You know what would make it more bearable?

Make the ref come out for a post match interview. 

Most of them are household names now (love you Deano), and make a lot of money.

Let's hear their view of it.

Don't hide behind the PGMOL, you made the decision, tell the millions of supporters why.