Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

I don't want Dermot Gallager on Sky Sports every Monday defending his mates.

I don't want Howard Webb telling me how difficult it is.

I don't want a ref fvcking up that much thay he gets relegated to the football league, because that's not a punishment, he'll just fvck up a football league game.

I'd like honest answers of how they've seen it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if anyone thinks it isn’t a penalty 

I doubt they do 

but it’s one of those where people say it isn’t a howler so it’s not an overturn of the on field call.  But if 100/100 people think it’s a pen then surely not to give it is a howler ????

Absolutely.

It’s a foul by a centre back on a striker, it’s a foul if it’s a defenders foot on a strikers leg. Regardless whether he got his header away. If a player is coming at you with no control, you can’t play the ball as you would normally.

Absolute farce.

Just now, Jaspa said:

Rodgers-React-to-Iheanachos-Collision-Wi

This and the Liverpool home game back to back when we were flying pre-COVID made for the dodgiest week we'd even had in the Prem.

That's the one.

Way worse than the Barnes one with Ederson.

He's actually assaulted him, but because he's a keeper, it's OK.

Keepers are the most protected players on the pitch, why?

They have the advantage.

As much as we all hate Everton, that disallowed goal on Saturday was bullshit.

They're protected so much, but they can assault people????

Sorry, no.

VAR isn't to blame - it's the people using it who are either incompetent or have the wrong motivations, whether that's being overly concerned about fan reaction and/or they don't want to give a decision that suggests the referee made a mistake so they get similar backing when they make a mistake if they referee a match.

Have a separate team doing VAR vs those who referee the games and you'll see standards improve for sure. 

But the PL don't care - they love the controversy and their big franchises/brands continue to do well. 

It's rotten to the core. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

It's that clear and obvious error bollocks again. Complete joke and allow the refs to get away with making a shit decision.

The Premier league honestly makes me sick now. Disgusting how it is ran and the same sides benefit each week.

• Like 1

The one thing we really need to ask is why isn't the dialogue between ref and VAR audible?

It is in any other sport.

Play it on the big screen like cricket, let's hear it like they do in rugby..."take it back again, and again...the other angle"

Make it transparent, then we might understand. 

• Like 1

If your not in the big 6 in that league it's a complete pointless exercise. VAR is no use and you can't spend any money because of FFP yet chelsea have spent about 800 million in a season. Whole thing is a farce.

Just now, adam said:

If your not in the big 6 in that league it's a complete pointless exercise. VAR is no use and you can't spend any money because of FFP yet chelsea have spent about 800 million in a season. Whole thing is a farce.

It did give Chilwell offside by 2 millimetres in the FA Cup final :ph34r:

This is the exact situation where VAR fails. I saw an interview with Webb and he said as much as possible they will stick with on field decisions. Mainly cause they don't want to re-ref the game and because people were complaining about too many VAR stoppages. I assume the VAR guy has said: did you see it and the ref has said yes, so he can't overrule him. 

But the whole reason I originally thought VAR was made was for decisions like this. Where a ref is too intimidated (or just missed) a big decision in the heat of the moment - so he gets another clearer look at important decisions. But with this new implementation it doesn't fix that at all. 

I'd like to hear the conversations between VAR. Webb said he'd like that too but FIFA or UEFA won't allow it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guesty said:

This is the exact situation where VAR fails. I saw an interview with Webb and he said as much as possible they will stick with on field decisions. Mainly cause they don't want to re-ref the game and because people were complaining about too many VAR stoppages. I assume the VAR guy has said: did you see it and the ref has said yes, so he can't overrule him. 

But the whole reason I originally thought VAR was made was for decisions like this. Where a ref is too intimidated (or just missed) a big decision in the heat of the moment - so he gets another clearer look at important decisions. But with this new implementation it doesn't fix that at all. 

I'd like to hear the conversations between VAR. Webb said he'd like that too but FIFA or UEFA won't allow it.

That all falls apart though when no doubt about it in the next couple of weeks VAR will get involved in the softest of decisions and award one of the bigger sides a ridiculous decision.

Just now, adam said:

That all falls apart though when no doubt about it in the next couple of weeks VAR will get involved in the softest of decisions and award one of the bigger sides a ridiculous decision.

Let us hear it then.

The commentators hear it, why can't we?

• Like 1