Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, adam said:

That all falls apart though when no doubt about it in the next couple of weeks VAR will get involved in the softest of decisions and award one of the bigger sides a ridiculous decision.

Or there is a penalty given just for that sort of incident showing up the inconsistency of the officials.

Apparently the guy on VAR was the same one as who did the infamous Spurs v Brighton game last season .

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You can't make this shit up, but apparently PGMOL have spoken to O’Neil already and have apologised lol

Yeah thanks lads. Maybe you should give everyone a loyalty card and every 5 apologies we get 3 points. I hope O'Neil told them to stick it up their arse.

Not the first time they've apologised. 

Far from it.

MAKE THE VAR DISCUSSIONS AVAILABLE TO FANS!!!!!

The commentators always say "we're hearing what's happening..."

Be transparent. 

If we hear the reasoning, we might understand. 

I honestly don't believe it's biased to the big clubs, I just think it's incompetent. 

• Like 1

It's all right having the funny tweets about it from the football banter accounts and us lot all talking about it but when will someone with some clout in football put their head above the parapet and call it out for what it is?

These decisions are basic, run of the mill, if they can't get them right they are incompetent and if they are not incompetent they are corrupt. So which is it and why will heads not roll?

• Like 2

Pathetic lol

When will they realise apologies mean absolutely fvck all in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't give Wolves the penalty chance. 

I suspect the VAR official tonight will be off duty for next weekend, but back to normal for the following week... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You can't make this shit up, but apparently PGMOL have spoken to O’Neil already and have apologised lol

Yeah thanks lads. Maybe you should give everyone a loyalty card and every 5 apologies we get 3 points. I hope O'Neil told them to stick it up their arse.

Makes you wonder what these refs see.

Now that VAR ref won’t be trusted by anyone .

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Hope they release the VAR discussion on this decision. They did it last year for some decisions. 

This is the perfect example to get the officials perspective and publish just how wrong they got it. 

But why release it afterwards?

Let us hear the reasoning. 

Nobody is perfect, we should all understand that, some decisions are stupidly hard, some aren't.

Just now, tom27111 said:

But why release it afterwards?

Let us hear the reasoning. 

Nobody is perfect, we should all understand that, some decisions are stupidly hard, some aren't.

Oh I agree. I'd love to hear all VAR decisions as they happen. I may not agree with it, but the clarity will help. 

Right now we're all thinking what the fvck are they playing at. At least with the releasing of the conversation we can think it with even more vigour lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Oh I agree. I'd love to hear all VAR decisions as they happen. I may not agree with it, but the clarity will help. 

Right now we're all thinking what the fvck are they playing at. At least with the releasing of the conversation we can think it with even more vigour lol

We'd be better off with a couple of rugby TMO's who've had a crash course in football rules

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It's all right having the funny tweets about it from the football banter accounts and us lot all talking about it but when will someone with some clout in football put their head above the parapet and call it out for what it is?

These decisions are basic, run of the mill, if they can't get them right they are incompetent and if they are not incompetent they are corrupt. So which is it and why will heads not roll?

I can only assume it's because they're so well paid in their positions that they don't really want to rock the boat or bite the hand that feeds them per se.

I firmly believe that the rules are so much down to interpretation and can be spun whichever way to suit the desired outcome. I saw somebody earlier in this thread post how Argentina got one for far less - that was another example of it. The Messi World Cup narrative took precedence.

That tonight was everything wrong with this league and the sport in general.

Edited by Dan LCFC

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I can only assume it's because they're so well paid in their positions that they don't really want to rock the boat or bite the hand that feeds them per se.

I firmly believe that the rules are so much down to interpretation and can be spun whichever way to suit the desired outcome. I saw somebody earlier in this thread post how Argentina got one for far less - that was another example of it. The Messi World Cup narrative took precedence.

That tonight was everything wrong with this league and the sport in general.

VAR, or refereeing decisions in general, should be overseen by an independent panel that is a non-profit making business. Possibly made up of a panel of ex-players and judges.

They should scrutinise every single decision and have the power to sack people for making the wrong decision without a proper explanation. 

And those on pitch decisions should be made public to everyone, in real time, including the crowd in the stadium. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

VAR, or refereeing decisions in general, should be overseen by an independent panel that is a non-profit making business. Possibly made up of a panel of ex-players and judges.

They should scrutinise every single decision and have the power to sack people for making the wrong decision without a proper explanation. 

Bit late to do that for the team affected though really but yes hearing what is said might be useful and if people get upset a few swear words are heard then book the players involved or have the mics away from the crowd.

Ex players keep saying lets have them involved but then never seem to put their hand up to offer or set up a group to try and get involved?

Maybe some of them are too comfortable in their jobs too? 

Easier to look in from the outside than have a go themselves.

Apparently Jamie Carragher thought it was the right decision anyway! 

Edited by Super_horns

So essentially FOUR* experienced referees had an adequate view of that… two of which watched a replay and still they didn’t manage to come to the correct decision. 

It’s bordering on legitimised match fixing. 

*assuming my numbers are correct with who’s in the VAR room and that the assistant could see.

Woke up still confused how on earth it's not a penalty 😂 

The worst that should have happened is they send him over to have a look 

Will hold my hands up and say I thought wolves were going to get hammered last night but I was beyond impressed, feel they were outstanding all over the pitch

Just obviously not finishing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’s not incompetence, it’s corruption, it has been for years and years now. 

Depressingly true.  You could, for example, go as far back as the O'Neill era when we had both that infamous match v Atletico at Filbert St and, more relevant to the current discussion, the Izzet penalty at OT.

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Pathetic lol

When will they realise apologies mean absolutely fvck all in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't give Wolves the penalty chance. 

I suspect the VAR official tonight will be off duty for next weekend, but back to normal for the following week... 

this is why VAR is just a farce. It was introduced to remove human error, yet all it is doing is just further documenting human error, and makes refs come out and apologise afterwards…..

19 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Nah it is incompetence, this group of referees are terrible. 

If it was it would have been sorted out years ago, it's allowed to go on and on.

EDIT: I should add I'm not just talking about one single decision, I'm talking about the whole process of how refs are protected, rules are made to put it down to interpretation, there's so many variables they deliberately add to cloud the whole system, corrupt.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal