Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Pathetic lol

When will they realise apologies mean absolutely fvck all in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't give Wolves the penalty chance. 

I suspect the VAR official tonight will be off duty for next weekend, but back to normal for the following week... 

sorry but this is a farce now from the PGMOL, far too much of this crap happening, and them apologising, 

would have thought they had learnt from last season but clearly havent,

be the same shit every other week,

glad we are in the championship 

The Premier League is the biggest league innthe world VAR decisions should not be done to one individual, IMO there should be 5 independent booths in separate buildings where the officials all see the same images and then press a red button for penalty or a green button for no penalty, there should be 5 lights on the scoreboard and the majority decision counts.

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’s not incompetence, it’s corruption, it has been for years and years now. 

49 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Nah it is incompetence, this group of referees are terrible. 

You're right but with more incidents like last night people will question the integrity of the games more and more. And to be fair Premier League football is so corrupt anyway I don't think it's totally illogical to think that refereeing has also been tainted. It's happened in other countries after all. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, bovril said:

That is extremely cringey even by Forest standards.

The two fans I know are complete bellends. But the way they talk, you’d think they’ve had the same decade we’ve just had…. The reality being they stayed up because the PL was the absolute pits last season.

Shit referees are suddenly not gonna get better with a screen in front of them. I've always said it. The standard of refereeing is shocking.

Also the bias towards a specific group of teams also exists. We've experienced what Wolves did last night, I feel for them. In the Premier League I always felt it was top 4 against the rest.

Old Trafford and a last min penalty that means the mighty Man Utd possibly not getting 3 points most certainly comes into the decision for the penalty, maybe subconsciously but it must have an affect. How anybody can even suggest it's not a foul doesn't know what they are looking at. 

This is going to endear to the Man U faithful... Not sure I blame him for wanting his contract paid up - reports of between 7 and 15 million. They agreed it with him. Whilst he's not been good enough, they made him captain whilst the club was being run terribly and he became a scapegoat. 

But Man U fans are in meltdown on Twitter which is quite amusing.

Edited by Guesty

8 minutes ago, Guesty said:

This is going to endear to the Man U faithful... Not sure I blame him for wanting his contract paid up - reports of between 7 and 15 million. They agreed it with him. Whilst he's not been good enough, they made him captain whilst the club was being run terribly and he became a scapegoat. 

But Man U fans are in meltdown on Twitter which is quite amusing.

Have a look on their forum, they don't like him and that's putting it nicely lol

2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

The Premier League is the biggest league innthe world VAR decisions should not be done to one individual, IMO there should be 5 independent booths in separate buildings where the officials all see the same images and then press a red button for penalty or a green button for no penalty, there should be 5 lights on the scoreboard and the majority decision counts.

There are 2/3 assistants apparently to help in theory ?

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The first fan I work with decided to suggest I couldn’t talk about premier league football with him….

I ****ing hope more than anything those horrible ***** go down this season. That club needs ruining.

2 hours ago, bovril said:

That is extremely cringey even by Forest standards.

I mean it sounds like he's doing you a favour tbh. 

I hate talking about football with idiots. It's bad enough coping with most of our lot on here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean it sounds like he's doing you a favour tbh. 

I hate talking about football with idiots. It's bad enough coping with most of our lot on here. 

The sooner everybody realises that everyone else is a footballing idiot the easier life becomes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think this is harsh on the ref. You can miss those sort of things in normal time. The VAR is absolutely unforgivable though. I wouldn’t be sticking up for my mate if I were the ref. 

I thought var sent the ref to review but he said no? 

5 hours ago, bovril said:

You're right but with more incidents like last night people will question the integrity of the games more and more. And to be fair Premier League football is so corrupt anyway I don't think it's totally illogical to think that refereeing has also been tainted. It's happened in other countries after all. 

It's where I am with it. I think the system in general is so rigged (I mean look at the state of these new rules - more excuse to lower any scrutiny) and there are so many instances where people within the sport even admit they have preferred outcomes. Do people seriously think it isn't possible?

I'm just fed up of this automatic assumption that it being dodgy is ridiculous. What exactly would have to happen for those saying that to believe something fishy was going on, if nonsense like that last night wasn't?

That one last night was second to only Bruno Fernandes v Villa for me - conveniently both happen to benefit the most popular club in the country of whom it is in the sports interests now to do well. Total coincidence though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

I think this is harsh on the ref. You can miss those sort of things in normal time. The VAR is absolutely unforgivable though. I wouldn’t be sticking up for my mate if I were the ref. 

Surely if nothing else the ref had to be asked to go and have a look to see if he thinks he made an error ?

One minute we have VAR re ruling over minor fouls and touches then like last night doing nothing.

Almost as if they just couldn’t be bothered or as you guys say simply upsetting a big club at home