Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

I saw this archive video from Sky on Twitter earlier .

I guess it cropped up after last nights last minute VAR incident.

Did Sky ask for an interview or a rare occasion of a ref wanting to come out for an interview post match to explain his decisions? 

Could this be a thing of the future as there has been a lot of comment about hearing from officials particularly with VAR around .

Last night's penalty decision:

The ref clearly bottled the original call bearing in mind the score and how close it was to full time. "I'll not make the call and VAR can look at it". 

VAR, did exactly the same thing and bottled it with the convenient "go by the ref's decision".

Both were too scared to award a last min penalty, when in reality they both probobly knew it was. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Last night's penalty decision:

The ref clearly bottled the original call bearing in mind the score and how close it was to full time. "I'll not make the call and VAR can look at it". 

VAR, did exactly the same thing and bottled it with the convenient "go by the ref's decision".

Both were too scared to award a last min penalty, when in reality they both probobly knew it was. 

And that’s why I want women Refs..

Takes em hours to decide what to wear…

But a whistle in the hand, 2 cards at their side, VAR yapping in their ears…

Their descision, will be like Grandmas Sunday Roasts,

always with Yorkshire pudding.No arguments..!!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I thought var sent the ref to review but he said no? 

Don’t understand why they don’t send referee to the monitor for more decisions, but don’t influence them so much. 

Allow them to change the decision on their own accord if they feel necessary without interference from those in the VAR booth, unless it is blatantly obvious they have it wrong and they still aren’t seeing it for themselves. 

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

If Chelsea don't win a trophy this season, am pretty convinced that Pochettino will get the boot.

5th is likely to get a UCL spot this season, so they’ll probably be targeting that and a League/FA Cup. 

They have the talent to do it, it’s whether they gel. Plus, I’m not convinced that they won’t sign another striker yet if they can shift Lukaku. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

All about the Fair Play

In theory their player sales are just about covering their spending. But that ignores the rest of the club and wage bill. The previous two seasons they've had huge losses of over £200m combined. They need to start making a profit soon or they'll be in trouble. 

Interestingly they can still give out 8 year contracts. The 5 year limit is a UEFA ruling and they aren't in Europe this season. The PL haven't brought it in yet but will probably do so from next season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pete52 said:

Don’t understand why they don’t send referee to the monitor for more decisions, but don’t influence them so much. 

Allow them to change the decision on their own accord if they feel necessary without interference from those in the VAR booth, unless it is blatantly obvious they have it wrong and they still aren’t seeing it for themselves. 

Probably why they have been dropped within hours of the incident without so much as an excuse as to why that decision was made .

Just shows how bad it was !

Presume the PMGOL feel that the on field ref should have seen it originally too?

Edited by Super_horns

17 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I just think now chelsea are just throwing money into the air. There are paying over the odds for pretty much bang average players.

Before they get banned maybe ?

Apparently the PL might close the 8 year contract loophole .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12406001/amp/Premier-League-CLOSE-Financial-Fair-Play-loophole-Chelsea-accounting-rules-UEFA.html

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

But then Chelsea will try and find another loophole. 

Not a reason for not closing loopholes. Never occurred to me that the 5 year one was eufa only and that not being in Europe allowed them to keep exploiting it. 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Newcastle hosting two Saudi games 

Reading the news and then seeing the comments from the Saudis underneath.... Christ I wouldn't swap places with them in a million years. Disaster for their fans honestly. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bovril said:

Reading the news and then seeing the comments from the Saudis underneath.... Christ I wouldn't swap places with them in a million years. Disaster for their fans honestly. 

They also announced the opening of their new 'Wings' hospitality suite today. Apparently in honour of the clubs famous wingers.... it's my family team and I can't really name many famous wingers they've had lol 

Anyway the logo looks remarkably similar to Saudi Eagle...

Oddly no one has mentioned that in the comments

27 minutes ago, bovril said:

No point in swapping. They won't win the league and FA Cup.

31 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They also announced the opening of their new 'Wings' hospitality suite today. Apparently in honour of the clubs famous wingers.... it's my family team and I can't really name many famous wingers they've had lol 

Anyway the logo looks remarkably similar to Saudi Eagle...

Oddly no one has mentioned that in the comments

Looks more like a moth