Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I think it's great from her personally. It may be a token gesture, but it highlights the women's supporters response to the situation and puts even more media emphasis and pressure on what a shitty decision it would be to keep him. 

Good for her I say. It's not as if she'd be able to hide if she didn't follow through either. 

:appl:I say. Sets a good example for young women out there too. 

I agree. She's usually quite headstrong and will stick to her word. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HybridFox said:

GERRERIN

You don’t choose your football team, but she did obviously being from Essex. I hope she goes on to watch FCUM on a regular basis instead. Nonetheless, anything to draw attention to this Man United PR exercise that is throwing people( womens team) under the bus, to allow this fell to play again for them. I’m surprised there’s not been more said about it. 

Personally I don't understand how it hasn't swayed her mind already.

United are most likely going to decide against reintegrating Greenwood purely because of how it looks. But if it wasn't for pressure they would have done it. I'm not sure I'd want to side with a club that only does something because it would stop them losing revenue (yes I know it's a football club).

Just now, westernpark said:

You don’t choose your football team, but she did obviously being from Essex. I hope she goes on to watch FCUM on a regular basis instead. Nonetheless, anything to draw attention to this Man United PR exercise that is throwing people( womens team) under the bus, to allow this fell to play again for them. I’m surprised there’s not been more said about it. 

Apparently her dad is from Salford and a Unitdd fan

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

I don't think Rachel Riley is the bad guy here. There are lots of people who support Manchester United and the other mega clubs from all over the place. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bmt said:

Personally I don't understand how it hasn't swayed her mind already.

United are most likely going to decide against reintegrating Greenwood purely because of how it looks. But if it wasn't for pressure they would have done it. I'm not sure I'd want to side with a club that only does something because it would stop them losing revenue (yes I know it's a football club).

Apparently her dad is from Salford and a Unitdd fan

It would be nice to see a few more high profile supporters come out and say the same as Riley has. Especially if some of the men decided to stick up for what is right too...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

It would be nice to see a few more high profile supporters come out and say the same as Riley has. Especially if some of the men decided to stick up for what is right too...

Yes I agree but do think they're bound to make a song and dance about how they've listened to their fans when they shouldn't be considering it in the first place

Not wanting to start anything as I am just genuinely curious, but plenty of other footballers have had similar charges yet still gone on to play unaffected. Is the outcry with this one literally because there was audio of the incident?

It was the same with Ray Rice in the NFL, countless incidents but that was the one who got the most backlash because there was video footage of it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Not wanting to start anything as I am just genuinely curious, but plenty of other footballers have had similar charges yet still gone on to play unaffected. Is the outcry with this one literally because there was audio of the incident?

It was the same with Ray Rice in the NFL, countless incidents but that was the one who got the most backlash because there was video footage of it. 

I guess so. I suppose we don't know what goes on behind peoples front doors in any walk of life most of the time. It is also worth noting that he has no official charges against him (although I understand that is because the alleged victim withdrew their complaint against him)

But yes, the audio of him is pretty damning (and he hasn't denied that it is him on the recordings) and I suppose why people are upset at the thought of him returning to play for the club and being an icon to kids.

My youngest son who was 11 at the time asked me about the clip of Greenwood and I tried to educate him of how disgusting Greenwood's behavior was, and how no one should ever behave that way to their girlfriends (or whoever) so it would be pretty difficult to accept that he could just go back to playing like nothing happened.

United should bin him out and if any other club decides to take a chance on him, then that's up to them.

The only way back as I see it would be for him to undergo some serious rehabilitation / education to show how sorry he is (and actually mean it and prove it) - but he doesn't seem to be the sort of individual who could do this

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

I mean personally I don't think any of them should have played again. Made me sick when, for example, Ched Evans came back and stepped on a pitch. 

But yeah I think it's pretty obvious that the Greenwood case unsettles people because they feel they've actually witnessed something. 

It's hard to slut shame or accuse a girl of lying when there's audio of the offending party literally telling her she's about to be raped.

It was pretty harrowing. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean personally I don't think any of them should have played again. Made me sick when, for example, Ched Evans came back and stepped on a pitch. 

But yeah I think it's pretty obvious that the Greenwood case unsettles people because they feel they've actually witnessed something. 

It's hard to slut shame or accuse a girl of lying when there's audio of the offending party literally telling her she's about to be raped.

It was pretty harrowing. 

I guess Ched Evans will say he was vindicated by the fact his conviction was quashed in the end but yes does leave a sour taste in the mouth.

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

I don't think Rachel Riley is the bad guy here. There are lots of people who support Manchester United and the other mega clubs from all over the place. 

No she isn't. I perhaps shouldn't have led with my criticism, when introducing my point. I've tried to think of reasons why I would stop supporting Leicester. I am a hypocrite perhaps, because the Newcastle situation would certainly be under consideration. However, I'd hope others would follow and there would be some sort of fan-led team representing Leicester, hence my suggestion of FCUM for her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Everyone knows what went on, and everyone’s seen the pictures and heard the clips. If he’s reintegrated, what kind of message does this send out?

That Manchester Utd is morally bankrupt

But we already know that the entire football world is morally bankrupt so watch this space. 

Never been easier to turn your back on the sport completely imo.