Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

So I’ll admit I’m not a huge fan of Brighton. But what has Caicedo done to earn that fee? Other than Chelsea being crazy. 

A myth got created in the winter window that he was hot shot in demand. Somehow Brighton managed to work with it and that myth ran until Liverpool were in for him and that increased the price. Not worth anything near that price tag and Brighton must be wetting themselves laughing. Chelsea’s fault for paying it and they won’t learn. 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

105M Enzo misses penalty, West Ham keeper saves first ever penalty
115M gives away penalty

10 man West Ham best £1B Blues 

:giggle:

It won't happen, but imagine if Luton beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Friday..

23 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

What the heck have Chelsea spent all that money on?!? Imagine spending the best part of £1bn and ending up with a squad like that! If the Saudis don't bail them out they're a financial time bomb waiting to explode. 

Thats the thing. No matter what they will be bailed out. Its a farce.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Thats the thing. No matter what they will be bailed out. Its a farce.

Yup I'm afraid your right. First you had the Government and the Premier League letting them off, even through they were billions in debt to Roman Abramovich (even through he said he'd waiver the debt). Which in principle shouldn't matter, the Premier League should have placed fines on the club no matter that the owner didn't want his fines back.

And now you have the seedy relationship with the Saudi's who seem to help them financially by buying there unwanted rubbish 🙄

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

Everton.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Just makes me feel.worse knowing we should have stayed up and relegated this pile of shite.

Hopefully  this season we pass them as they finally drop.

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Is that real from their official page? Edging towards poor taste rather than banter if so.

Don't know, got sent to me by a mate.

Nothing ,but nothing is in poor taste if it insults Chelsea. 

The most despicable, tapping up players,breaking rules, finding loop hole cnuts there is.

Boolax to the lot of them, I hope they get found out and fall down a massive hole👍

I didn't know this but we apparently rejected Ivan Toney when he was 15. That would have been around 2011. He was ready to quit football until Northampton picked him up. 

Source: Toney was a guest on the Diary of CEO podcast. 

Firm building Liverpool’s Anfield Road stand files for administration

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/17/liverpool-anfield-road-stand-administration-buckingham#:~:text=A club spokesperson said%3A ?Buckingham,for the match against Bournemouth

The redevelopment of Liverpool’s Anfield Road stand is facing further complications with the main contractor set to go into administration.

Liverpool announced last month that their £80m stand was behind schedule and would not be fully open for the first home game of the season against Bournemouth on Saturday. The club has now been notified that Buckingham Group, the main contractors on the delayed project, has applied to enter administration. The company employs more than 600 staff.

Liverpool expect Buckingham to continue work on the planned phased opening of the stand, which will increase the capacity to 61,000, but it remains to be seen whether the contractor can meet the rearranged schedule completion date of October.