Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

18 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Greenwood leaving Man Utd.

Where's he going to pop up next?

I'd be amazed if its anywhere in this country.

Yeah I'm amazed he wasnt sold to a Saudi club by now. From the small snippets of international fans on social media I have the displeasure of coming across, most of them think he's been hard done by even before this afternoon's statement, which is crazy in itself.

Edited by Nalis

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Yeah I'm amazed he wasnt sold to a Saudi club by now. From the small snippets of international fans on social media I have the displeasure of coming across, most of them think he's been hard done by even before this afternoon's statement, which is crazy in itself.

Was thinking the same..... he'll get signed up by a Saudi club and get paid millions more 🙄

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

22 minutes ago, bmt said:

I'm actually a bit astounded by United's statement.

"Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for."

What twat thought this was a good idea?

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'd say questions still need to be asked of the people higher up in the hierarchy at Man Utd after last week. They don't deserve any credit even if they have made the right decision. 

Starts at the manager for me personally. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Was thinking the same..... he'll get signed up by a Saudi club and get paid millions more 🙄

Doesn't matter how much money. The league and profile isn't as good as playing in the Premier League and potentially winning trophies with one of the biggest clubs in the World.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Doesn't matter how much money. The league and profile isn't as good as playing in the Premier League and potentially winning trophies with one of the biggest clubs in the World.

True for anyone else but for someone who everyone rightly thinks is trash and bad for Man U from a PR / commercial perspective

(lets be honest, thats the real consideration Man U had in their decision) , it would have been a no brainer for both parties to sell him to the highest bigger abroad, inevitably a Saudi Arabia club

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The statements really weird. 

Thankfully their intentions were leaked. Correct decision made far far too late. 

He brought up the Lionesses as well which I find a bit weird. 

Timings have also been influenced by my desire to minimise the impact of the investigation on our men's and women's teams, as well as our Lionesses.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Fair play United. Not entirely sure why it took so long but the correct decision for sure. 

Don't know how United deserve any praise here?

They literally only did this after a journalist came out and leaked their intentions until the pressure got so much they couldn't possibly do anything other than **** him off. 

I reiterate, just two weeks ago they were going to reinstate him with Ten Hag being in agreement (that's a part of the story that's gone under the radar), they didn't do a U-turn because they had some wholesome change of heart.

Was going to say nailed on to go to Turkey on a free but Saudi is an interesting shout. 

That said, given they're blatantly sports washing for image and they have an abysmal image internationally for women's rights, he might not be the smartest pick up.

Where as a club like Fener straight up 100% don't give a shit what anyone thinks. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Was going to say nailed on to go to Turkey on a free but Saudi is an interesting shout. 

That said, given they're blatantly sports washing for image and they have an abysmal image internationally for women's rights, he might not be the smartest pick up.

Where as a club like Fener straight up 100% don't give a shit what anyone thinks. 

I'd have said Lazio if he wasn't going to end up 'ooh-oohed' by racist piss bags the first time he missed a sitter.

22 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Don't know how United deserve any praise here?

They literally only did this after a journalist came out and leaked their intentions until the pressure got so much they couldn't possibly do anything other than **** him off. 

I reiterate, just two weeks ago they were going to reinstate him with Ten Hag being in agreement (that's a part of the story that's gone under the radar), they didn't do a U-turn because they had some wholesome change of heart.

It's not praise as such. Just relieved they've come to the right decision regardless of how they got there. The statement is atrocious though 

So is he trying to say she made it all up about him? The whole thing is strange there is pictures of her battered and bruised and him in a voice recording saying he was going to do stuff to her how is that not enough evidence ? 

• Like 1