Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Mason Greenwood statement 🔴⤵️

I want to start by saying I understand that people will judge me because of what they have seen and heard on social media, and I know people will think the worst.

I was brought up to know that violence or abuse in any relationship is wrong, I did not do the things I was accused of, and in February I was cleared of all charges.

However, I fully accept I made mistakes in my relationship, and I take my share of responsibility for the situations which led to the social media post.

I am learning to understand my responsibilities to set a good example as a professional footballer, and I’m focused on the big responsibility of being a father, as well as a good partner. 

Today’s decision has been part of a collaborative process between Manchester United, my family and me. The best decision for us all, is for me to continue my football career away from Old Trafford, where my presence will not be a distraction for the club. I thank the club for their support since I joined aged seven. There will always be a part of me which is United.

I am enormously grateful to my family and all my loved ones for their support, and it is now for me to repay the trust those around me have shown. I intend to be a better footballer, but most importantly a good father, a better person, and to use my talents in a positive way on and off the pitch.

28 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The only reason he was cleared is his girlfriend didn't ultimately pursue it. We all saw the bruises and heard the recordings. He's a scumbag, 

Her parents are just as bad. Probably the reason this all got dropped. Daddy didn't want to miss out on having a footballer as son in law, no matter whether he was sexually assaulting his daughter

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

He brought up the Lionesses as well which I find a bit weird. 

Timings have also been influenced by my desire to minimise the impact of the investigation on our men's and women's teams, as well as our Lionesses.

Seems like a statement trying to defend the fact they had decided to welcome him back a couple of days ago until the backlash began. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Seems like a statement trying to defend the fact they had decided to welcome him back a couple of days ago until the backlash began. 

And aren’t exactly releasing him really .

They are hoping  a club will pay money for Greenwood . 

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

On relegation I've a sick feeling that Everton and Forest survive again.

Can't see past Luton, Sheff Utd and think Fulham are gonna have a shocker this season 

Everton look awful. I struggle to see them surviving, but they are the turd that won't flush. If anyone shithouses survival, it's Everton.

The only thing keeping Forest up is the absolute dog shit down at the bottom, because they too are an horrendous side. That match on Friday looked eerily similar to the playoff games when Forest got promoted; all blood and thunder with little quality.

Luton will be interesting at home as I think Kenilworth Road will be a tricky place to go. They'll be dreadful away, but home form might help them out. Fulham will suffer for losing Mitrovic, but I can't see then dropping off enough to finish below the likes of Everton, Forest, Luton, Sheffield United and Bournemouth.

33 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Everton look awful. I struggle to see them surviving, but they are the turd that won't flush. If anyone shithouses survival, it's Everton.

Dyche already looks like he’s run out of ideas. When (not if) Everton pull the plug on him where do they look next. Dyche was very much the last roll of the dice.