Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Can see Everton flying straight through to League 1 when they inevitably go down.

I could see them doing another Sunderland just because the circumstances are similar. Poorly run, lacking ambition, leaning on the 'too big to drop' mentality and a deep rooted air of pessimism about the place.

Go down, start slowly in the Championship and you could imagine them spiralling.

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I doubt it, reckon the ground will be finished no matter what division Everton are in, whether the debts they'll incur will stop them getting back in the premier League is up for debate, someone will probably step up.

The American investors who jumped ship will still give them the rest of their current loan towards the stadium but that's not enough to cover it. According to Everton fans they still need roughly 100-150m to finish it. Issue is, how the **** are Everton going to get a loan over that amount and where from? Everton couldn't even afford to restore the docks if they were unable to finish the stadium

Mike Dean has said he didn’t send Anthony Taylor to VAR last season when he should’ve.  “I didn't send the referee to the monitor to make the right decision because I didn't want to annoy my mate".

27 minutes ago, Bert said:

Mike Dean has said he didn’t send Anthony Taylor to VAR last season when he should’ve.  “I didn't send the referee to the monitor to make the right decision because I didn't want to annoy my mate".

That probably happen a lot but might also be Dean looking to make headlines. 

5 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I doubt it, reckon the ground will be finished no matter what division Everton are in, whether the debts they'll incur will stop them getting back in the premier League is up for debate, someone will probably step up.

Council would bail them out for the stadium if needed

1 hour ago, Bert said:

The word corruption was used last week about the PL on here, yet a few either laugh emoji’d it or commented how it definitely isn’t.

It is…

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The word corruption was used last week about the PL on here, yet a few either laugh emoji’d it or commented how it definitely isn’t.

It is…

I wouldn't necessarily call that corruption, just profoundly unprofessional. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

And now everyone will question who Anthony Taylor is mates with and will they go against him in the VAR or not.

They’re all mates. They’ve got this unbelievable training facility they work/“train” from. 

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

Of course all the VAR refs go easy on each other. Ever since it was decided that sending a ref to the screen equals decision is wrong, then it was always going to happen. 

Apparently it was to save him getting more grief.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66612570

Well Taylor probably got more for not being able to use VAR so probably thinking “thanks Mike “!

Another reason for var to be binned off if they can’t even use it when their friends are getting a bit of grief for being crap in the first place. Chelsea win that game instead of drawing might have kept tuchel in a job longer if they had gone on a bit of a run after a win so if he sees what has been said he will not be happy either . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Another reason for var to be binned off if they can’t even use it when their friends are getting a bit of grief for being crap in the first place. Chelsea win that game instead of drawing might have kept tuchel in a job longer if they had gone on a bit of a run after a win so if he sees what has been said he will not be happy either . 

And Chelsea fans think Taylor hates them anyway too.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Is it possible before the deadline shuts we could see Mbappe ending up at Chelsea before windows closes. Maybe on a loan deal. They seem to be happy to throw the money around, plus Poch connection there with his short spell at PSG.

Think he's on the way to making amends with PSG, now that Neymar has gone. Conveniently... 

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

What an absolute raging cvnt Mike Dean is. 

It's abysmal that he did it in the first place but then to come out and admit it basically just for the attention after retiring is even worse. 

Anthony Taylor is such a "mate" that he first spares him and now just completely throws him under the bus after the fact, for what? Clout? This is 100% worse than if he'd just told him to go to the monitor in the first place. 

Sure FIFA will be delighted one of their main officials is being so easily mis lead too.

Will they trust that his performances are now real or just down to who likes him or not ?

Looks like they have missed the point .

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-dean-taylor-var-pgmol-30784852.amp

Should be angry that one of their most experienced members was abusing the system .

Edited by Super_horns