Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

54 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I know they’ve recouped a lot in player sales but it’s staggering how much Chelsea have spent for their squad to look like this 

IMG_0481.png

Eddie Beach sounds like the lead character from a 90s detective show.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Can see it’s been mentioned but how the f*** have Chelsea spend almost literally £1billion in the last year and have a subs bench of 2 goalkeepers, 2 left backs and 4 kids 🤯

Pretty big injury list

theyve sold quite a few this summer 

they’ve loaned out a few this summer 

they’ve spent £300m of that billion on just three players 

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Pretty big injury list

theyve sold quite a few this summer 

they’ve loaned out a few this summer 

they’ve spent £300m of that billion on just three players 

I don’t think that justifies spending so much and having such a disjointed squad to be quite honest. They are a shambles. Spending that much they should be competing with Man City but I think they’ll struggle to get in the top 4!

41 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I don’t think that justifies spending so much and having such a disjointed squad to be quite honest. They are a shambles. Spending that much they should be competing with Man City but I think they’ll struggle to get in the top 4!

I was merely commenting on the weak bench and why 

• Like 1

Are the Mike Dean revelations not exactly what people have been saying about VAR since its introduction, that the problem is that the people reviewing the decisions don’t want to overrule or correct their mates? I don’t think it’s particularly surprising that this has turned out to be the case, at least on some occasions. 

Not to defend Dean as such, it was clearly appalling judgement, but when you listen to the entire interview and not just that excerpt in isolation he does say he never felt he was very capable in that role. It’s an interesting listen, he comes across quite well and is open about his failings. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reporterpenguin said:

Are the Mike Dean revelations not exactly what people have been saying about VAR since its introduction, that the problem is that the people reviewing the decisions don’t want to overrule or correct their mates? I don’t think it’s particularly surprising that this has turned out to be the case, at least on some occasions. 

Not to defend Dean as such, it was clearly appalling judgement, but when you listen to the entire interview and not just that excerpt in isolation he does say he never felt he was very capable in that role. It’s an interesting listen, he comes across quite well and is open about his failings. 

Clearly should be using an independent body to run the VAR to get much better decisions.

• Like 1