Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Just now, Finnegan said:

Watching Liverpool has genuinely been like watching us last year. Rancid. 

Really got that Brendan Rodgers type of quality to them, complete lack of confidence, fight, forward momentum, control. 

Manager has a lot of BR traits to be fair…

Just now, Finnegan said:

:wes:

Name one without absolutely clutching. 

I literally couldn't think of two more polar opposites amongst modern managers. 

He’s a complete narcissist for a start lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

He’s a complete narcissist for a start lol 

I dont think he is to be honest. Has always seemed like a pretty decent human being outside of match day. 

Think he's got pretty poor emotional control under pressure and has some pretty significant rage issues. Definitely not saying he's without flaws and I get why people don't like him, I'm not trying to convince them otherwise. 

But other than having a bit of the arrogance I think any elite manager needs to an extent, I'm not sure I see any real comparisons to Rodgers. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Watching Liverpool has genuinely been like watching us last year. Rancid. 

Really got that Brendan Rodgers type of quality to them, complete lack of confidence, fight, forward momentum, control. 

Entire starting midfield joined this summer which has to be disruptive to their normal style of play you'd think

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

Carragher talking absolute bollocks

Just now, Arkie Bennett said:

Carragher getting mardy.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Carragher embarrassing himself - just admit you’re talking shite and stop digging 

Came here to say this! lol

• Like 1

It's so tiring that Neville and Carragher won't park their bias when it comes to United and Liverpool.

What's Carragher on about? Obviously the foul denies a clear goalscoring opportunity. If Van Dijk doesn't clear Isak out then Isak is one on one.

• Like 2

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I don't care what the rules are. Sent off for a challenge like that lol 

Red cards were supposed to be for bad bits of play. So easy to get a red card in modern football it's embarrassing 

Wiping someone out when they're running into the box for a one on one is quite a bad bit of play imo

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

It's so tiring that Neville and Carragher won't park their bias when it comes to United and Liverpool.

What's Carragher on about? Obviously the foul denies a clear goalscoring opportunity. If Van Dijk doesn't clear Isak out then Isak is one on one.

he went over easily, something that happens way to often.

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Entire starting midfield joined this summer which has to be disruptive to their normal style of play you'd think

But it's not just that is it. There's a complete malaise to them. It's not just that they're a bit disorganised or unstructured. 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Wiping someone out? For ****s sake. 

Call it whatever you want, kicking through his leg to get to the ball, whatever. It strikes me as a really unusual choice of decision to point to as being a game's gone moment. If you're just allowed to do that to a striker then I think that would be a bigger problem.

• Like 1

Just now, Guest said:

Call it whatever you want, kicking through his leg to get to the ball, whatever. It strikes me as a really unusual choice of decision to point to as being a game's gone moment. If you're just allowed to do that to a striker then I think that would be a bigger problem.

It's a foul and a yellow card. 

I think my frustration is just how easy it is to get sent off. 

• Like 1