Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Whelan and Rudkin Falling Out

Sums up the club when the top 2 under Top are falling out

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/05/28/complacency-leicester-relegated-premier-league/

Susan Whelan is the club’s chief executive and cannot escape criticism, though she is not involved in football decisions. A respected voice at Premier League board meetings, Whelan has been a strong leader at Leicester through tough moments, such as Khun Vichai’s passing and the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Irishwoman has also been crucial in some player sales, including the £80 million transfer of Harry Maguire to Manchester United. Last August she moved to break the impasse in talks between Leicester and Chelsea over Wesley Fofana’s transfer.

Relegation will be especially hard on Whelan, who spearheaded the development of the state-of-the-art Seagrave training ground that will be home to a Championship squad next season. Her relationship with Rudkin is said to have become fractious in recent months.

• Thanks 2

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Best news I've heard there's friction between the two and hopefully Rudkin goes as he's responsible for the footballing side while she's probably does the admin and contracts side work

Whelan has been with King Power for about 20 years as well so I expect she would have a lot more sway with Top when it comes to which one would get the boot

• Like 2

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Whelan and Top have been involved in the great recent moments for the club don’t forget. It’s been going to shit since Rudkin has been employed. He’s the man that has to leave and is the cancer in the boardroom. 

I’ve said this previously before, I’ve had a few mates who were with the academy when Rudkin was running the academy and not a single one has a positive thing to say about the guy. Complete bellend. How his CV ever looked appealing I don’t know. 0 experience in his current role.

Rudkin was appointed midway through 14/15.

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I actually hope Rudkin comes off worse. Whelan has at least been a shrewd negotiator with player sales and has gotten the club some outrageous fees. That will matter in the summer if we're to have any money to play with in the transfer market.

Couple that with a competent DoF and we might be able to forge a decent rebuild.

If she's that well respected and has done so well, then other clubs/companies will want her services and she likely wouldn't be around for a rebuild.

Just now, shen said:

If she's that well respected and has done so well, then other clubs/companies will want her services and she likely wouldn't be around for a rebuild.

She has been with King Power for about 20 years tbf I don't think it would be easy for another club or company to take her

Just now, moore_94 said:

She has been with King Power for about 20 years tbf I don't think it would be easy for another club or company to take her

Yes, but not in this role and also not as visible as she has been since our promotion.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

She's a big name in King Power and came with Vichai when the family bought the club. 

I'd fancy her chances more than Rudkin if push came to shove. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

Think Whelan does a far better job than anyone else at the club -  not surprised she's seen Rudkin for the leech that he is 

Yep. I worry about her not being visible compared to Rudkin though.