Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Whelan and Rudkin Falling Out

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Pretty much all of our problems over the last couple of years have come from the football side.

Poor recruitment, not sacking Rodgers, absurd contracts and letting other contracts run down. Those are Rudkin issues, not Whelan ones.

Whelan got us a combined £150m for Maguire and Fofana, and you'd have to think she'll be a tough cookie when it comes to fees for Barnes, Maddison etc.

Bit of a rhetorical question, none us truly know the answer to and either way i'm sure it's not solely on her but would she not have a major role to play in how those deals were structured and therefore taking out loans to cover the deals, secured by TV rights and the parachute payments, leaving us in a financial mess and struggle now relegation has been confirmed.

I mean to what benefit were those deals, truthfully? What did we see out of them that improved us? We created so much money but were yet having our hands tied behind our backs and not allowed to spend it so was there any point anyway?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I actually hope Rudkin comes off worse. Whelan has at least been a shrewd negotiator with player sales and has gotten the club some outrageous fees. That will matter in the summer if we're to have any money to play with in the transfer market.

Couple that with a competent DoF and we might be able to forge a decent rebuild.

...the fact that she was involved in brokering those deals means that she was usurping Rudkin's position within the club!!!

Too many times we have had people crossing over into areas that they should have no say, and yet Rodgers was asked to re-structuring the playing style throughout the club.

Now we find Whelan is involved in areas which should have been defined within the group. If we do not have remits, where we clearly state the roles of individuals, then we will have these conflicts, and that is something that I would envisage has been erroneously encouraged by Khun Top.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

but I still think top will stick with rudders which could mean that whelan decides to move on from the club. That will be a bad thing because rudkin survives. whelan will get a good job wherever she goes - she may well stay with king power. 

If Top sides with Rudkin over Whelan then I have a bad feeling she'll be poached by Newcastle like Simon Capper

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Bit of a rhetorical question, none us truly know the answer to and either way i'm sure it's not solely on her but would she not have a major role to play in how those deals were structured and therefore taking out loans to cover the deals, secured by TV rights and the parachute payments, leaving us in a financial mess and struggle now relegation has been confirmed.

I mean to what benefit were those deals, truthfully? What did we see out of them that improved us? We created so much money but were yet having our hands tied behind our backs and not allowed to spend it so was there any point anyway?

She did a great job in how they were structured

Maguire was all upfront and Fofana was across 3 instalments in 1 year (which is still a lot better than how most other deals are structured)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...the fact that she was involved in brokering those deals means that she was usurping Rudkin's position within the club!!!

Too many times we have had people crossing over into areas that they should have no say, and yet Rodgers was asked to re-structuring the playing style throughout the club.

Now we find Whelan is involved in areas which should have been defined within the group. If we do not have remits, where we clearly state the roles of individuals, then we will have these conflicts, and that is something that I would envisage has been erroneously encouraged by Khun Top.

She got involved because of here relationship with CEO’s of other clubs.  Rudders doesn’t have those. She only got involved because there was an impasse. 

4 minutes ago, lfu said:

If Top sides with Rudkin over Whelan then I have a bad feeling she'll be poached by Newcastle like Simon Capper

I don’t think she would go to a footbal club. She would be more likely to become involved in the premier league or FA 

Edited by st albans fox

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

Not sure I agree

Whelan has been trusted with negotiating player sales when an asset (the player) is valued above a certain threshold - that's not too different from your typical company's "any procurements over £100k or whatever must be approved by the board" policy.

Guest Mee-9

Bring back testicle face Milan Mandaric.

He might have a face like my left ballsack, but at least he kept people in their place.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

She did a great job in how they were structured

Maguire was all upfront and Fofana was across 3 instalments in 1 year (which is still a lot better than how most other deals are structured)

Fair enough.

Although I seem to have understood them alot differently hence the need for the loans.

Again, I ask the question, to what benefit to us were they when (due to the rules. FFP) we still weren't allowed to spend anything? How are do we find ourselves in the financial situation we do when we've sold players for such figures? I don't see too many other clubs selling players for what we've commanded yet they're not pleading poverty and living on beans on toast.

The loans of which are only going to screw us even more but if you say we got the money upfront and in 3 installments I don't quite get the need for the loans, not when we've not spent any of it.

(The training ground, ok, but that was money according to you upfront...I still don't get the loans situation)

Guest Kopfkino

I mean it’s not a surprise when things don’t go well people fall out and cover their own backs.

Seems pretty clear to me that a narrative is being briefed against Rudkin. Looks like he’ll be set up as the one to fall on his sword. Whelan not blameless but not sure she should go and both won’t go so best that it’s him. 

8 minutes ago, lfu said:

She does other stuff within the KP group not just LCFC

cant see her going anywhere 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Neither of them are up to but Rudkin is the bigger problem.

...you would have to take a look at the dynamics of the group!!!

How much does Rudkin hamper Whelan, it seems obvious that they do not tend to pull in the same direction, but fundamentally, Rudkin is Khun Top's football advisor, and in this argument, that trumps everything. Whelan can still be a powerhouse of King Power, but I think she will come up short in this instance.

Unless Khun Top can find someone with knowledge of the football world and can trust (this is the key component) that person fully, nothing will change.