Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Whelan and Rudkin Falling Out

22 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Pretty much all of our problems over the last couple of years have come from the football side.

Poor recruitment, not sacking Rodgers, absurd contracts and letting other contracts run down. Those are Rudkin issues, not Whelan ones.

Whelan got us a combined £150m for Maguire and Fofana, and you'd have to think she'll be a tough cookie when it comes to fees for Barnes, Maddison etc.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but we have also lost just under £200million over the last three financial results

So the w@nk financial decisions from our CEO had an impact on our lack of spending. Which lead to our relegation. So both are to blame

They all sit there with faces like Bulldogs chewing wasps these days.  One person with passion is better than forty people merely interested.

Edited by l444ry

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fair enough.

Although I seem to have understood them alot differently hence the need for the loans.

Again, I ask the question, to what benefit to us were they when (due to the rules. FFP) we still weren't allowed to spend anything? How are do we find ourselves in the financial situation we do when we've sold players for such figures? I don't see too many other clubs selling players for what we've commanded yet they're not pleading poverty and living on beans on toast.

The loans of which are only going to screw us even more but if you say we got the money upfront and in 3 installments I don't quite get the need for the loans, not when we've not spent any of it.

(The training ground, ok, but that was money according to you upfront...I still don't get the loans situation)

...the loans would be against infrastructure or capital spending!!!

As it is a loan, it cannot be used for player acquisition or against salaries, the final position money is only collateral and the loans would be tied to these future payments. In a worst-case scenario, should the club become bankrupt, no other creditor can have a claim on the receipts from the Premier League just the bank that made the loan.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fair enough.

Although I seem to have understood them alot differently hence the need for the loans.

Again, I ask the question, to what benefit to us were they when (due to the rules. FFP) we still weren't allowed to spend anything? How are do we find ourselves in the financial situation we do when we've sold players for such figures? I don't see too many other clubs selling players for what we've commanded yet they're not pleading poverty and living on beans on toast.

The loans of which are only going to screw us even more but if you say we got the money upfront and in 3 installments I don't quite get the need for the loans, not when we've not spent any of it.

(The training ground, ok, but that was money according to you upfront...I still don't get the loans situation)

I think one of the main reasons is because we allowed our wage bill to spiral out of control

We have one of, possibly actually the worst wage to turnover ratios in the league, with us spending something like 85% of all the money we bring just on wages

Backing Rodgers with the 2021 window where we didn’t sell anyone for big money and also spent £60m, on top of the massive wage bill, just made things even worse for us financially

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Get rid of Rudkin ffs. But Top won’t dare. We need someone who can make decisions.

This is why we will continue to be in trouble - if

the obvious decisions don’t get made.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bilo said:

She's a big name in King Power and came with Vichai when the family bought the club. 

I'd fancy her chances more than Rudkin if push came to shove. 

Rudkin was academy coach then academy manager before stepping up, can’t really argue with what he’s achieved with us, but it feels like it’s come to a natural conclusion 

2 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Rudkin was academy coach then academy manager before stepping up, can’t really argue with what he’s achieved with us, but it feels like it’s come to a natural conclusion 

I totally agree. I wouldn't disagree with a golden handshake for all he's done for the club over the years, but he simply cannot be here for the rebuild. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Rudkin is the Barrie Pierpoint of this generation absolute bellend

This.

I would also add, Rudkin is the ultimate brown noser, that is where he excels, he will fight tooth and nail to secure his position and he won't care what collateral damage is done in the process. None of us know how strong  his relationship with Top is. But I will be surprised if Top has the bottle or the conviction to fire him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Has anyone on here ever met either of them in real life?

I have walked past Rudkin at a couple of away games. Years ago now, mind, last was when we’d only recently appointed Rodgers.

He spoke both times (I was wearing our colours obviously which is why he spoke).

Edited by Fox92

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Has anyone on here ever met either of them in real life?

I would say that fans will have met Susan as she does attend the fan feed back meetings and I dare say it the award nights. 

I think Rudkin is the one that keeps his distance. It says a lot between the two. 

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

I just want to add my sexual relationship with either and both Ruskin and Whelan have not had any impact on us getting relegated.

Nick Knowles.

probably the only man I’d have a threesome with.

Edited by mod hero