Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Whelan and Rudkin Falling Out

50 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Ive heard different. Only rumours but you never know.

Rudkin wanted Rogers gone, but Whelan fought to keep him in all this time and apparently was upset when he left.

Heard the same.

For all his many faults Bodgers may well have sussed that Rudkin knows pretty much **** all about football ……..as soon as Rudkin realised this he turned on BR and agitated to get him sacked.

11 hours ago, The Doctor said:

just saying, it's not a coincidence that the only one of our teams to stay up this season (the women's team) are the only one that Rudkin is not involved in (Willie Kirk was DoF until Bedford left, then he became the old fashioned manager rather than the DoF and Head Coach roles). the man is poison

Heskey is DOF of the women’s set up.

30 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Heard the same.

For all his many faults Bodgers may well have sussed that Rudkin knows pretty much **** all about football ……..as soon as Rudkin realised this he turned on BR and agitated to get him sacked.

I think Rudkin new where we were heading to be honest. For all his faults he's been with the club a long time and has done some good, as well as some bad.

From what I heard Whelan and Rogers were very close. She fought alot to keep him in his job where a lot of people would have sacked him. She also has very close ties with Top and influenced him a lot to keep Rogers.

Whelan is CEO, she runs the business (not the football). She is highly respected as one of the best CEOs in the game. Of all the people we can point the finger at I wouldn’t have her on the list.

Rudkin, however, is supposed to run the football. I’m not really well qualified enough to know if he is good or bad at that job but the recent slide doesn’t paint a pretty picture

Whelan is said to have been behind bringing back Pearson. As after the Vichai and Top sacked Sven... they both really pushed to bring MON back who turned us down. After that I don't think Vichai and Top were 100% sure who to bring in and Whelan felt the best man was Pearson. So Whelan has proved she knows her stuff. More than you can say about Rudkin, who mucked about in the transfer window in 2016 missed key targets and ended up spending a fortune on Slimani who was like our 4th choice.

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Whelan is said to have been behind bringing back Pearson. As after the Vichai and Top sacked Sven... they both really pushed to bring MON back who turned us down. After that I don't think Vichai and Top were 100% sure who to bring in and Whelan felt the best man was Pearson. So Whelan has proved she knows her stuff. More than you can say about Rudkin, who mucked about in the transfer window in 2016 missed key targets and ended up spending a fortune on Slimani who was like our 4th choice.

I doubt Whelan knows anything about football, knows how to make a nice duty free layout of the club shop more like. 

The idea and decision to bring Pearson back would have been Vichai.

Her and Rudkin should be taking the fall for this mess.

17 hours ago, chapero82 said:

I can't see what Susan Whelan has done wrong tbh, she doesn't deal with the footballing side of things.

well, SOMEONE made the decision last summer that we didn’t need to invest in the playing staff. I think it was a catastrophic and wrong decision and I doubt that part was a Rudkin decision. It was either top or Susan. If that was a Susan decision she should rightly face flak for that… it could definitely be considered one of the main reasons we got relegated 

Guest Mee-9
2 hours ago, mod hero said:

This is our DOF. Get out of my club you cretin 

1348A786-7A50-4DE1-9A36-39C304DA54A1.jpeg

Looks like he's trying to pass a rather sizeable turd there. 

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

well, SOMEONE made the decision last summer that we didn’t need to invest in the playing staff. I think it was a catastrophic and wrong decision and I doubt that part was a Rudkin decision. It was either top or Susan. If that was a Susan decision she should rightly face flak for that… it could definitely be considered one of the main reasons we got relegated 

I’ve always thought that we didn’t invest last summer as any purchase would have been from Congerton’s list. As everyone on here was adamant that he was shite it seems strange that we are moaning about then not using his list.

Genuine question to some of the learned posters, such as @Sambiasso or @st albans fox who have a better understanding of the workings and structure of the club, are Whelan and Rudkin deemed to be at the same level or does Whelan, although not directly accountable or involved in the direct running of the football side, hold more seniority?

the reason I ask, is could it be that Rudkin is under the microscope as it’s his side of the business that has been failing, in other business/industries it is common practice for a similar level director to be asked to step in and review a failing part of the business.

29 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I’ve always thought that we didn’t invest last summer as any purchase would have been from Congerton’s list. As everyone on here was adamant that he was shite it seems strange that we are moaning about then not using his list.

it was sheer arrogance - we thought we were good enough and didn’t need to spend the money, And tried to get back into the black too quickly.

3 hours ago, mod hero said:

This is our DOF. Get out of my club you cretin 

1348A786-7A50-4DE1-9A36-39C304DA54A1.jpeg

I don't get why people keep posting this picture. The goal counted for nothing in the end. I barely got out my seat when Faes got the second.