Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/premier-league-wage-bill-ranking-comparison-league-position

With a wage bill of around £60-65m (around mid August so this does not take into account the transfers made towards the end of August), we have the biggest wage bill in the Championship. The lowest is around £2m.

Incredibly, despite a massive wage cut during the summer, we still have a wage bill of more than 9 clubs in the EPL according to the above link.

No wonder we were deemed to have too good of a squad to have been relegated and to be now playing in the Championship.

Having said that, Southampton has a massive wage bill too despite so many departures during the summer. They should be doing much better and may still do so going forward.

They have started to click a bit more.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Jees, really?

Enough sh1t going on everywhere without you piping up about a couple of silly remarks by me and presumably  Arm1968?

If i caused any offence i apologise.

If mods deem it worthy of a ban- i'll accept it on my many chins.

Being slow is still better than stopping altogether or going in reverse :P

39 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Mavididi nominated for player of the month, but no Enzo despite winning 3 of the 4 games 

going on points gained we would be above Hull, Cardiff & Sunderland despite them all playing more, It should be Ipswich as they have won 5 out of 5

Seems like nominations are going to be done like the new age school sports days, spread the medals around regardless of position (merit)

Well done for Mavididi thou, tiz funny how the nomination board see it compared to fans as i'm reading on here that Vestergaard is the fans PotM :whistle:

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Leicester need 107 points to get the record for highest ever points total in a '46 game, 3 points for a win' season. 

With 30 points after 11 games, Leicester can afford to drop 28 points out of the remaining 35 games and still get 107 points!

Lets do it. We need another record to beat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

going on points gained we would be above Hull, Cardiff & Sunderland despite them all playing more, It should be Ipswich as they have won 5 out of 5

Seems like nominations are going to be done like the new age school sports days, spread the medals around regardless of position (merit)

Well done for Mavididi thou, tiz funny how the nomination board see it compared to fans as i'm reading on here that Vestergaard is the fans PotM :whistle:

Either that or they're looking at it relatively. Considering we comfortably outspend the division and probably spend over quadruple what half teams spend, unless we win all games in spectacular fashion there's likely going to be a team that's had a better month relative to their resources.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Raj said:

Jees, really?

Enough sh1t going on everywhere without you piping up about a couple of silly remarks by me and presumably  Arm1968?

If i caused any offence i apologise.

If mods deem it worthy of a ban- i'll accept it on my many chins.

Div

20 hours ago, Asha said:

Just checking, because I’ve seen it used twice in two pages by @ARM1968 and @Raj, is it OK to use the word “retard” as an insult now?

Users have been permanently banned for less, yet neither post has even been deleted. 

Really?  You really post that?  Have you been in a match thread?  I fear you may melt. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Really?  You really post that?  Have you been in a match thread?  I fear you may melt. 

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to call out using the word ‘retard’. Just apologise and move on. Not hard to a) understand why it’s not cool and b) own the error. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Leicester need 107 points to get the record for highest ever points total in a '46 game, 3 points for a win' season. 

With 30 points after 11 games, Leicester can afford to drop 28 points out of the remaining 35 games and still get 107 points!

If we drop 28 points from 35 games then there's only one thing I'd say....

Enzo out!!!!!

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2023 at 12:48, UniFox21 said:

Surely a big risk going to Wednesday, especially with how messed up the place is

Sorry I’ve only just seen this, yeah it’s a huge risk for his career but have to respect the fact he backs himself. Also could be a risk to the club if he’s not up to the job, the window to save them from relegation this season is closing soon already

On 12/10/2023 at 06:16, Sly said:

They have started to click a bit more.

Yes of our predicted opponents,besides now Ipswich.

More than Leeds,like some believe, I don’t  think I will waver from my prediction,seeing it from this early in the season..

Middlesborough,Sundlerland,Southampton,Ipswich will be our closest contenders,and will be seen clearer by December..

Coming  from later drives in the season…Norwich & Leeds will throw their glove in the ring. Plus there will be a suprise yet unknown club,that could rock the boat & compete for 2nd- 3rd,and upset the pre mentioned clubs,by gathering points from all of them..

At present,we have swatted some big irritating flies away,I am sure there are some Wasps & Bee’s that still have to be taken down…Even if they are not even top 6 contenders, they might well find a way to worry our defence & sting us for some points..

Isn't it just brilliant how entertaining this season has been, and how Maresca has brought back a team that fights together and is so easy to get behind?

I remember seeing a lot of people laughing at those of us who saw the positive side in getting relegated but surely everyone is on board now?

Everyone is talking about how superior our squad is but that just makes me love the players who have stayed with us to battle it out in the championship and correct the failure of last season.

Edited by TJQuik

On 12/10/2023 at 21:18, ChrisFilter said:

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to call out using the word ‘retard’. Just apologise and move on. Not hard to a) understand why it’s not cool and b) own the error. 

Using the English language is not an error.