Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm in the position of realising we have fvcked a considerable lead but also have faith we can still finish top with only the league to focus on. Also that Leeds perhaps won't win every single game from now til the end... 

Hope that's not being blindly positive. 

Keep your hippie views to yourself

• Haha 2

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Did the commentator actually just say that, "It's taken a while but the cream of the Championship has finally risen to the top." 

Definitely the jizz has risen to the top lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

They're going top on goal difference having played a game more and we've already beat all 9 teams we've got to play, by a cumulative 25-7 margin. This willingness of fans, on here and in the stands, to throw in the towel is a massive part of the problem

It’s the fact they’re even top, when there was a 13 pint gap at one stage. 

Yes we’ve previously beaten these teams, but we previously beat QPR, and ended up losing to them. 

We’re not throwing the towel in, I will be down supporting the lads and trying to will them on to win, but you can’t ignore the concerning things that are happening, more poor goals being conceded, not enough goals being scored, we’ve gone from looking a solid side to an open one, key players misfiring and a manager who seems to not want to do what is best for the team. I’m concerned, very concerned, I just hope we can come back firing and just at least finish in the top two. There’s nothing wrong with being concerned, we’ve seen this before and our recent history suggests we’re susceptible to throwing things away. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Did the commentator actually just say that, "It's taken a while but the cream of the Championship has finally risen to the top." 

No way

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We let a double point lead slip. 

We were cruising and we simply fell

apart. You can’t sugar coat it any other way, as soon as the business end of the season arrived, we choked…… You can’t surrender a 13 point lead and pretend nothing is wrong, the bad run has come at the wrong time, and is now likely to be fatal. 

The fact Leeds will be top tonight is staggering, 13 into ago people weee laughing when some of us said Leeds would eventually go above us, and they have. 

But there’s 9 games too, all of which are winnable. Maybe a big part of the problem is having a fan base who are throwing the towel in with 20% of the games yet to go. 

we haven’t let any lead slip until the final day. 

We’ve dropped points at a really crap time, but nothing is done and dusted yet

• Like 4

Watford hull Coventry and Sunderland up for Leeds next they are not going to be easy games for them especially with the added pressure of them being top 

Bang goes our taking the piss out of Tottenham chant ('Who came 3rd in a 2 horse race?')

'Who came 2nd in a 1 horse race?' or maybe even the unimaginable 'Who came 3rd in a 1 horse race?'

I'm joking of course....I just hope I can joke come the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

Watford hull Coventry and Sunderland up for Leeds next they are not going to be easy games for them especially with the added pressure of them being top 

Not sure. They look so solid. Cov away is tough but they'll be hot favourites in the other games.

4 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

Sorry but the international break won't make a difference,players still go away on duty with their countries playing and not resting.

We have truly f,cked it up.

It will. Not everyone is going away, so they’ll be plenty rested and/or recovering.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

People do realise they've played an extra game than us, right? And they were playing Millwall at home.

Nothing has changed.

This. I fully expect us to be back on top of the league on Friday night. 

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not sure. They look so solid. Cov away is tough but they'll be hot favourites in the other games.

They do look good but they also show in games they Can be got at as well. As long as we match their results we are good 

13 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

They're going top on goal difference having played a game more and we've already beat all 9 teams we've got to play, by a cumulative 25-7 margin. This willingness of fans, on here and in the stands, to throw in the towel is a massive part of the problem

Well said. 

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Time to log off whilst this place becomes a cesspit of negative.

See you at Bristol City.

Why are people surprised people are negative though? I get bored of people saying we shouldn’t be negative. We were like 17 points clear and are now second. 

I will be at Ashton Gate though. Optimistic as ever when I’m on the terraces.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

People do realise they've played an extra game than us, right? And they were playing Millwall at home.

Nothing has changed.

No, this was the penultimate game and Leeds have now amassed an unassailable lead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Nothing has changed.

Melters have been waiting for this moment all weekend, even though it was largely inevitable. Call anyone out on it and you get labelled a happy clapper. 

1 minute ago, copunk said:

Totally get what we deserve if we drop into the playoffs

The other 3 teams will be licking their lips if we do 

This hasn't happened yet! Everything is there to play for. Get the international break out of the way and lets get back to the job in hand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Bang goes our taking the piss out of Tottenham chant ('Who came 3rd in a 2 horse race?')

'Who came 2nd in a 1 horse race?' or maybe even the unimaginable 'Who came 3rd in a 1 horse race?'

I'm joking of course....I just hope I can joke come the end of the season.

That ship sailed when we finished 5th twice in the PL under BRodgers after being in the top virtually all season long…lol

Edited by NaijaFox