Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

He has a squad that's been built for the way he wants to play, he can bring on 4 - 5 high energy subs that make a difference against tiring opponents, it's huge for them and a big reason why they keep getting very late goals

That's the Key to it. He's been able to bring in his own players and build for success. Wheras Enzo has had to make do with what Rogers left him.

Ipswich got better with the subs, changes all 3 attackers every game I've seen them and nearly always have an impact. Maybe he should.get the team right in the first place :whistle:

Opposite Southampton got worse with their subs. 

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

There's still going to be twists and turns. Ipswich got their derby next week and still have to go to Hull and Coventry. 

5 wins from our 7 games will do it comfortably. 

5 wins would still be relying on Ipswich to only get 13 from their last 6, so dropping points in at least 2 or 3 of them. That's not happening. I think we need to get to 101.

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I'd like to see their shot conversion rate. Obviously there's an element of skill to that but it does feel that the majority of their shots manage to find their way into the back of the net. 

The equaliser was a first time pot shot out of nothing and the winner looked like more of a breakdance than a recognised footballing manoeuvre.

They got the freedom to shoot on sight which is harder to defend against as its unpredictable, and puts less pressure on the player to get it right, as it doesnt need to be a walk it in the net goal.

Ipswich were battered for 70 minutes of that game but were like men possessed in the last 20. Their run in is a little easier than ours. They seem to be able to clutch a victory from sure defeat.

We have to win the rest of our games..simple

Anyone that says that Ipswich aren’t jammy need to give their head a wobble, they consistently over perform XG - the amazing thing is that it’s been sustainable.

Every week it’s a late winner via a deflection, goalkeeping error, poor refereeing or down right spawn. The lad literally slips on his initial shot and still musters a toe poke to roll inlol

Absolutely obscene 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

5 wins would still be relying on Ipswich to only get 13 from their last 6, so dropping points in at least 2 or 3 of them. That's not happening. I think we need to get to 101.

4 wins a draw and a loss is hardly an outrageous prediction is it, considering their run of fixtures

4 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

There's still going to be twists and turns. Ipswich got their derby next week and still have to go to Hull and Coventry. 

5 wins from our 7 games will do it comfortably. 

For some reason I read the “and still have to go to…” bit of your post like circa 1996 Kevin Keegan 

• Haha 1