Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Despite kick in the guts part one and part two it ain't over yet. Considering we won today a rather flat feeling this evening. Have to take it on the chin and hopefully we can get an auto spot at the end. Just don't look at the table till at least Saturday 

Cov will go out to try wind up Summerville after he got the hump against them  earlier in the season so will prob be down to ten men after 10 mins and go on to lose 6-0 and then norwich will be winning 3-0 in the 89 min the then score 3 own goals and give a 90+15 min pen away for the winner . 

• Haha 2

I would be more for this close race if our future wasn't so up in the air due to our finances and pending punishments.

We need promotion and the riches of the Premier League to offset the potential incoming punches we will take this Summer. 

If we miss out, then it really will be a slippery slope and we could easily struggle to get back to a promotion push for some time, if we are having to have a player fire sale and start next season in this league with a points deduction. 

Hell with the competitiveness and "fun", get us over the line no matter what! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Despite kick in the guts part one and part two it ain't over yet. Considering we won today a rather flat feeling this evening. Have to take it on the chin and hopefully we can get an auto spot at the end. Just don't look at the table till at least Saturday 

Would have been a rather worse feeling if we hadn't won! Looks like we are going to have to dovthis the hard way.

I rather am enjoying the Championship. Lots of close matches, not too much theatricals, no VAR. I am going to miss it if we get promoted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Brussell's not happy

Obviously sour grapes but to be fair he's right about Southampton being the better team. Reminded me of our game at Leeds. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

Worst thing is you know any of the teams we were looking for a favour from today would turn us over in the playoffs. 

I can’t stand the ****ing playoffs. Genuinely might not watch if we get there.

Just deflating. When was the last time we gained points on any of those two? 

They’re relentless and you can’t even enjoy them going a goal down because they inevitably win. At least we showed that today. 

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

One small modicum of comfort is, in order for Cov to get 6th, they are likely going to have to take points off one of Leeds or Ipswich which makes our chances of top 2 a little better. If they don't and we end up 3rd then I'd be more confident of Norwich or Preston over 2 legs than them.

Clutching at straws.

its not clutching tbf, both Leeds and Ipswich do have some tricky fixtures, as ive said before next weekend could be an interesting one with Ipswich going to Norwich and Leeds going to Cov.

and as weve seen already, this league can throw up many a surprise

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Just deflating. When was the last time we gained points on any of those two? 

They’re relentless and you can’t even enjoy them going a goal down because they inevitably win. At least we showed that today. 

Hard to see Leeds dropping points. They weren't great tonight but still created 6 big chances. Do that, and generally you will win games. 

Ipswich, however, have created only 1 big chance across their 2 games over Easter but have won them both. We just have to hope they will revert to the mean at some point over coming weeks. They are definitely beating the stats over and again. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

We just need to manage our own games. With how the league is, all three clubs will be first, second or third over the next few games. 

I think that put the nail in Southampton tonight. They won’t win the league, however could still get promoted. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Are we playing Blackburn on the final day or fighting a load of animated Skeletons?

Look out for the groundsman throwing the teeth of the hydra into the Ewood Park pitch at halftime.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I would be more for this close race if our future wasn't so up in the air due to our finances and pending punishments.

We need promotion and the riches of the Premier League to offset the potential incoming punches we will take this Summer. 

If we miss out, then it really will be a slippery slope and we could easily struggle to get back to a promotion push for some time, if we are having to have a player fire sale and start next season in this league with a points deduction. 

Hell with the competitiveness and "fun", get us over the line no matter what! 

Well we have a lot of outs.

We have the best run in.

We're favourites to finish first.

If we don't finish first we're favourites to finish second.

If we finish third we're favourites for the play offs.

Enjoy the ride. :D

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Thought you said they were going to win all their games? 

They most likely will, but we won't gain any points even if they don't. 

12 minutes ago, KFS said:

I can’t stand the ****ing playoffs. Genuinely might not watch if we get there.

Way back in the 1990s the playoffs gave me two of the worst (Blackburn, Swindon) and two of the best (Derby, Palace) times I've ever had watching Leicester. They're probably the most fun way to get promoted, and definitely the worst way not to.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Hard to see Leeds dropping points. They weren't great tonight but still created 6 big chances. Do that, and generally you will win games.

Well, unless you're us, that is!

• Haha 1

We need to concentrate on what we need to do. It’s far too stressful worrying about us, as well as what our rivals are doing!

Not sure my heart can take the stress for much longer. Just glad we won and played well doing it🏆🏆🏆

Cov vs Leeds is big, Leeds lost their shit against them at Elland Rd and Cov revel in upsetting teams and having a bit of bother. Leeds away from home can be got at too.

• Like 1

I feel like as an all round team there are so many weaknesses with Leeds that decent sides would exploit. They just have so much firepower and a manager that allows that to flow. For this league at least.

Can see him gone within months of them going up though. If they do. 

Leeds are stuttering and due a bad result or two.

Ipswich are once again riding their luck massively and it will bite them.

Do our jobs, 16 pts from our remaining 7 games gets us up IMO. 

Edited by Muzzy_no7
  • Like 1