Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

19 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

We are very fortunate that no one wants to get into that stinky premier league. Championship is where it's at!!!!

Is it any wonder nobody wants to go up? Look at the Man City/Luton game today. 5-1. 37 goal attempts to 4. Who wants any part of that? Totally uneven contest. And the gap between the haves and have nots will only get wider.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 2

Had a shocking week yet ended up with the most points lol

I didn't think the others would keep winning but never saw a three game week with no wins and one goal apiece. Huge chance missed for all three and just shows what pressure does.

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

No it can't be

Tues 16th April

20:00 Saints beat PNE (84)

Sat 20th April

12.30 Leicester beat West Brom (91)

15:00 Cardiff lose to Saints (87)

Mon 22nd

20:00 Boro lose to Leeds (90)

Tues 23rd April

20:00 Leicester (94) beat Southampton (87)

Fri 26th

20:00 QPR lose to Leeds (93)

Sat 27th April

15:00 Saints beat Stoke (90)

*Borrowed fixture template from other thread. Ipswich play next at 8pm on 27th.

**Not what I believe is likely to happen.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Is it any wonder nobody wants to go up? Look at the Man City/Luton game today. 5-1. 37 goal attempts to 4. Who wants any part of that? Totally uneven contest. And the gap between the haves and have nots will only get wider.

Not only we're playing awful at the moment but I also can't see anything positive in going up. It seems we'll have points deduction making the season void from the beginning. We'll need 15 players, can't go with Faes and Vesty in PL, we'd better off putting cones as CBs, we'll need at least 2 strikers, a 10 and the list goes on. 

We might get points deduction in Championship but it's easier to recover in this league. 

2 wins and a draw should do it. Can't see 2 out of the 3 contenders taking maximum points from their remaining games. Still a big ask though for us given our form of late. Only thing that gives me hope is that we've got so many home games. 

7 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Not only we're playing awful at the moment but I also can't see anything positive in going up. It seems we'll have points deduction making the season void from the beginning. We'll need 15 players, can't go with Faes and Vesty in PL, we'd better off putting cones as CBs, we'll need at least 2 strikers, a 10 and the list goes on. 

We might get points deduction in Championship but it's easier to recover in this league. 

Maybe £100m will soften the blow

Missing out on automatic promotion is not only bad for the obvious reasons, especially as I don't think we'd win the playoffs; it's also bad because I really wanna watch the playoffs as a neutral! Gonna be great fun watching if we're not in it, gonna be agony if we are.

I think of it as a kicker to parachute payments, gives us an extra year to get our house in order, if we stay down the efl will throw the book and the kitchen sink at us. Atleast with one season in the prem we can regroup and start again.  IMO we can go again sooner rather than staying down 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Do we get the parachute payment if we fail to get promoted? How does this payment stand towards the books and accounting issues we currently have? 

55% of a share of broadcasting money year 1.

45% year 2.

20% year 3.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

the 2 saves from Hladky for Ipswich today, my word, top draw both of them

I rate Mads very highly but when did he last make a big save you wouldn't expect him to, to win us any points? 

41 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Tues 16th April

20:00 Saints beat PNE (84)

Sat 20th April

12.30 Leicester beat West Brom (91)

15:00 Cardiff lose to Saints (87)

Mon 22nd

20:00 Boro lose to Leeds (90)

Tues 23rd April

20:00 Leicester (94) beat Southampton (87)

Fri 26th

20:00 QPR lose to Leeds (93)

Sat 27th April

15:00 Saints beat Stoke (90)

*Borrowed fixture template from other thread. Ipswich play next at 8pm on 27th.

**Not what I believe is likely to happen.

My bad, I'm talking in terms of general matchdays didn't realise Ipswich kicked off later on the 27th 

• Like 1