Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

10 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

Southampton definitely getting the luck now.

They’ve got away with 3 handballs before their goals this week. 

Southampton the only team in the top four comfortably avoiding PSR stuff so being rewarded by the EFL.

EFL loving having miracle workers Ipswich up there with the parachute teams so they will get the run of the green too, and have been. (The games against us absolutely stunk)

If we lose our next two, there’s a chance we go into the Preston away game as follows-:

Leeds 44 - 90pts 

Saints 44 - 90pts

Ipswich 43 - 89pts

Leicester 44 - 88pts

Leeds and Saints against teams not quite safe, Ipswich against a team potentially still in play off contention. Unbelievable for the neutral watching this play out. 

5 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

If we lose our next two, there’s a chance we go into the Preston away game as follows-:

Leeds 44 - 90pts 

Saints 44 - 90pts

Ipswich 43 - 89pts

Leicester 44 - 88pts

Leeds and Saints against teams not quite safe, Ipswich against a team potentially still in play off contention. Unbelievable for the neutral watching this play out. 

If we somehow win the next two, we’d be basically promoted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Leeds 44 - 90pts 

Saints 44 - 90pts

Ipswich 43 - 89pts

Leicester 44 - 88pts

Who are these bloody neutrals people keep talking about?  I don’t know a single neutral. Is there an actual cohort of soulless nob jockeys drifting around supporting no team just enjoying the scrap for promotion, relegation etc?   Fuching NEUTRALS?

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Who are these bloody neutrals people keep talking about?  I don’t know a single neutral. Is there an actual cohort of soulless nob jockeys drifting around supporting no team just enjoying the scrap for promotion, relegation etc?   Fuching NEUTRALS?

I don't think they're entirely neutral just not supporters of the clubs directly involved. You're point is still valid though, I watched Aguero score the winner against QPR with the highest level of ambivalence ever recorded.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Fans from teams in others divisions? 

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I rate Mads very highly but when did he last make a big save you wouldn't expect him to, to win us any points? 

He doesn’t. I barely remember him making any saves that you wouldn’t expect from a competent keeper or to win us points all season. People get sucked in by his ability on the ball and yes, that has been a beneficial element for us and he’s clearly excellent in that sense. But in terms of what a goalkeeper is primarily there to do, shot stopping, he’s very much average in that area.

Same with Faes in defence. Not that our fans getter sucked in but Enzo clearly does, by his ability to carry the ball out. But in his case, that is nowhere near worth the detriment of his actually defending and the sheer volume of goals being given away as a direct result of him.

1 minute ago, Nobbyburton said:

lol Nah not having that, he’s a brilliant shot stopper. Mads is easily up there for player of the season for that very reason. 

Obviously he’s got some issues with pissing about with it but he’s made some outrageous saves this year. We can’t let the negativity and awful recent performances let us completely forget everything pre-January

Agreed. He’s one of our most important players. 

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

He doesn’t. I barely remember him making any saves that you wouldn’t expect from a competent keeper or to win us points all season. People get sucked in by his ability on the ball and yes, that has been a beneficial element for us and he’s clearly excellent in that sense. But in terms of what a goalkeeper is primarily there to do, shot stopping, he’s very much average in that area.

Same with Faes in defence. Not that our fans getter sucked in but Enzo clearly does, by his ability to carry the ball out. But in his case, that is nowhere near worth the detriment of his actually defending and the sheer volume of goals being given away as a direct result of him.

Statistically he is very much well above average at stopping shots

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Is it any wonder nobody wants to go up? Look at the Man City/Luton game today. 5-1. 37 goal attempts to 4. Who wants any part of that? Totally uneven contest. And the gap between the haves and have nots will only get wider.

Yep! And that’s what FFP is for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Md9 said:

And West Brom will be without asante as he was sent off today. Also lol at cov 

I was laughing at Cov too until I realised we need them to still be in with a shout of the play offs when they play Ipswich...

Edited by Gamble92

43 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Yes correct he's a piss poor defender. He loses his man and he also lose his position,which is worse!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Fans from teams in others divisions? 

Rubbish. Don’t see many caring outside of their own team. I’ve pretty much forgotten the premier league exists this season. It’s just a statement or a label thrown about which is ridiculous and means absolutely nothing. Well, in my very rounded and clearly balanced opinion. Be that as it may, it’s true. 

15 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Rubbish. Don’t see many caring outside of their own team. I’ve pretty much forgotten the premier league exists this season. It’s just a statement or a label thrown about which is ridiculous and means absolutely nothing. Well, in my very rounded and clearly balanced opinion. Be that as it may, it’s true. 

you say that but i’m not sure there is anything wilf does that winks can’t. The only real loss would aerial ability but i’m sure we’d adapt. 

He’d play more of a similar role to the one youri was in 

Edited by Lambert09