Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Mmmmm….was hoping Blackburn would have their flip-flops on by the time we play them.

Seems that may not be the case.

Hopefully, it’s all sorted out before we play ‘em. 

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Was hoping Blackburn wouldn't need anything on the final day 

Hopefully they beat Cov next week, Huddersfield and Birmingham play each other, a draw in that and either can catch Blackburn on the last day if they beat Cov!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Preferably Huddersfield win next week so they can still stay up with a win away at Ipswich on the final day.

And would be nice to finally see Birmingham go, especially with these cocky new owners.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Yes I too wish we were more like Sheffield Wednesday

We go up or not, I don’t think Enzo is the answer.

i think the general style is right but I don’t think he actually understands the style / can evolve. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

We go up or not, I don’t think Enzo is the answer.

i think the general style is right but I don’t think he actually understands the style / can evolve. 

I think he's doing the best he can with a bunch of freaks who don't actually care/have enough footballing ability. I don't think there's any scenario where someone like Farke or McKenna would have walked the league with these players. About two-thirds of them aren't good enough, don't care or don't want to be here - it's not enough. 

8 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Shef wed cruising… we be getting pummelled with a lead going into the last few minutes!

but apparently our style is to control games 🤷‍♂️

Control games but not necessarily score and win. 

27 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I think he's doing the best he can with a bunch of freaks who don't actually care/have enough footballing ability.  

Ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Shef wed cruising… we be getting pummelled with a lead going into the last few minutes!

Take a day off......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

To be fair, despite the number of chances WBA had, after they did score, I thought there’d be an onslaught and we’d cave but they didn’t even threaten after that. So I’d say we saw the game out very comfortably despite what had happened earlier.

19 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Losing 3-1 at home to Sheffield Wednesday with relegation on the line….

8436A6A1-DE23-4251-99DA-BE1851234AF7.gif.7f7cadc3d7fb116bedbfca2cfdaddf8f.gif

Could swear DJ Campbell was offside a dozen times that day.

36 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Losing 3-1 at home to Sheffield Wednesday with relegation on the line….

8436A6A1-DE23-4251-99DA-BE1851234AF7.gif.7f7cadc3d7fb116bedbfca2cfdaddf8f.gif

We went 1-0 up in that game, and I remember thinking we can do this! A win would have kept us up. The rest is history..

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Mmmmm….was hoping Blackburn would have their flip-flops on by the time we play them.

Seems that may not be the case.

Hopefully, it’s all sorted out before we play ‘em. 

Blackburn needing something might suit us. They'll need to come forward

Just now, CheeseHead said:

We went 1-0 up in that game, and I remember thinking we can do this! A win would have kept us up. The rest is history..

Oh god, the crowd was amazing too at that point. And then little by little, Wednesday worked their way back into it, equalising and then taking the lead. The horrifying realisation and the silence from the crowd was one of the worst things I can remember from that game.