Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Yeah who scored just rates players each match based on its statistical rating system and then there’s the best average rating over the season. It is of course subjective what is important to a performance though and so inherently favours certain attributes (dribbling stats are notoriously given a lot of weight for example).

Just highlights how farcical it is to have the vote over a month before the end of the season- a lot can change in the run in, it's the most crucial part of the season and the players who step up when the pressure is on deserve more recognition, if anything.

Summerville getting player of the season, after a fairly anonymous run in and a Leeds implosion, seems questionable at best in hindsight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

That's specifically the 'WhoScored.com' version. 

The official EFL one is far more sensible:

Champ_TOTS_EFL.png

Definitely better but Rutter being picked as the striker is ridiculous with his massive tally of 6 league goals in 45 league games lol

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Just highlights how farcical it is to have the vote over a month before the end of the season- a lot can change in the run in, it's the most crucial part of the season and the players who step up when the pressure is on deserve more recognition, if anything.

Summerville getting player of the season, after a fairly anonymous run in and a Leeds implosion, seems questionable at best in hindsight.

I see your point, but 'player' of the season has to have some scope to be distinct from how the 'team' performed, in order to recognise individual brilliance. Szmodics had a great season, but his team nearly got relegated. With your logic he should be completely out of the running. For example. 

Whittaker and Szmodics both had statisically better seasons than Rutter, very odd decision.

Not sure how a man who's banged in 27 league goals isn't making team of the season.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Definitely better but Rutter being picked as the striker is ridiculous with his massive tally of 6 league goals in 45 league games lol

We had a goal difference of 10 better than Leeds (we scored 8 more), and they had a striker and a defender in the team of the season.  Rutter being picked was a disgrace. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I see your point, but 'player' of the season has to have some scope to be distinct from how the 'team' performed, in order to recognise individual brilliance. Szmodics had a great season, but his team nearly got relegated. With your logic he should be completely out of the running. For example. 

I get that, my point was more about how the timing completely discounts the end of the season (I.e. I'd wager that Summerville would be far less likely to win it now, compared to when Leeds were on a 15-game unbeaten run). Opposite ends of the table but when the pressure was on, Szmodics did the business and Summerville wilted. It's just daft that the most important part of the season isn't taken into consideration.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Whittaker and Szmodics both had statisically better seasons than Rutter, very odd decision.

Not sure how a man who's banged in 27 league goals isn't making team of the season.

Whittaker and Szmodics both were in the EFL team of the season 

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Whittaker and Szmodics both were in the EFL team of the season 

Ah yeah just seen your post

Given the stats its even more shocking that he's in ahead of them in the whoscored one lol

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

That's specifically the 'WhoScored.com' version. 

The official EFL one is far more sensible:

Champ_TOTS_EFL.png

Makes more sense, but Rutter still has no business being there. I'd have had Armstrong over him 

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

nonsense, just need to find which section of the season to cut out and declare to be the whole season where Leeds would therefore be the greatest team on earth. sure some of them can tell you exactly what period that is

3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Yeah! But he did cost £35,000,000+ !!

(funny how they keep so quiet over that little piece of info)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The knife attack at the Leeds Vs Norwich game was dreadful to see. Hopefully those responsible get arrested 

But the Leeds fans stirring shit up on twitter to try and create issues at the second leg need to get a grip.

6 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

They just had to crowbar him in 

On 13/05/2024 at 05:12, FrankieADZ said:

Oh for FArK Sake he really needs to give it a rest. What an absolute prat! He should be focusing on the Norwich game instead of trying to bias refereeing decisions before they play. He’s conveniently forgotten all the dodgy decisions that have gone for Leeds eh? Absolute pillock. Can’t stand him. Cmon  Norwich finish them off please

16 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

isnt just us in the shit then

So thats interesting stay down they got to sell to balance the books, i cant imagine theyve got enough talent to find 100m. Five or six players leave they will be in trouble next year.... could be at the wrong of the championship.. make or break for leeds. Farke may even get the sack.

47 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

So thats interesting stay down they got to sell to balance the books, i cant imagine theyve got enough talent to find 100m. Five or six players leave they will be in trouble next year.... could be at the wrong of the championship.. make or break for leeds. Farke may even get the sack.

They have a lot of players out on loan which I'm presuming they are hoping to sell. I'd imagine that's where a good chunk of that money would be made up. And those are decent players rather than our need to get rid of fringe players.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Apparently Norwich have sacked David Wagner

How BBC are reporting it, they say he was on borrowed time.  He turned them round pretty well didn't he? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cpvg3kz91ngo

Norwich City have sacked boss David Wagner less than 24 hours after their crushing Championship play-off defeat by Leeds.

BBC Sport understands the Canaries have acted following Thursday's 4-0 semi-final second-leg loss which left them facing a third successive season in the second tier.

Arsenal coach Carlos Cuesta is of interest as a replacement having worked with sporting director Ben Knapper when he was loans manager at the Gunners.

Wagner was on borrowed time after Knapper replaced Stuart Webber in November but managed to guide the Canaries to a sixth-placed finish.

An official club statement is expected later on Friday.