Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm delighted Southampton won today.

At least that's 6 points we should get next season.

At this point, I don't care if they did the double on us, I'd rather we not get relegated even if it meant that!

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

My Uncle is a Leeds supporter and this was his response 🤣

IMG_5067.jpeg

Honestly what is wrong with Leeds fans? Fist bit of pressure got to them of the occasion, possibly.

I hope you reminded him of our recent history compared to them.

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

Honestly what is wrong with Leeds fans? Fist bit of pressure got to them of the occasion, possibly.

I hope you reminded him of our recent history compared to them.

They seem to have all of the self persecution of a big club and none of the trappings i.e

• Great team (they are average at best),
  • Good recent history (they've been almost total non-entities over the last 30 years - not checked but probably worse than the likes of Norwich, Burnley etc), 
  • Well run - £190m owed in players transfer fees apparently (obviously no stones from us on this one but still that's pretty crap) - seem to have taken a pious view without actually being aware they are totally in the shite themselves (totally sums them up).  

As a collective they are a complete bunch of deluded fools 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, majaco said:

A Leeds fan on 606 pointed out that Leeds finished third and should rightfully have been promoted.  What a valid well made point.  I now feel sympathy for Leeds.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

Someone should explain to the bell 🔔 about the play offs at the end of EVERY season. 

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

There are lessons to be learnt here for all of us. Players Staff and Supporters all represent the club. 

On 23/02/2024 at 17:01, KFS said:

If that’s what is chasing us I have no worries at all. This’ll be wrapped up by the time they play Southampton and they will have moved on to telling Saints fans about how big they are, even though no one ****ing asked 

They were staying down the minute they started behaving that way at the final whistle versus us.

Ampadu, Rutter and Gray all at it and the weapons in the stands predicting a riot… I was convinced that this was an Arsenal moment. 

Arsenal bottle the league and Leeds stay down. The football gods stuck the knife in this year. Swear some of us have football fan voodoo dolls on the go lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Honestly what is wrong with Leeds fans?

How long have you got?

Outside of the top 6 tourists, Leeds have the most delusional fan base. Just go look at Kieran Maguire’s Twitter; he posts the actual accounts and you’ve got dimwits who know nothing arguing with him. Actually, that makes them sound a lot like us. Damn.

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The beauty of that game yesterday was that they were simply beaten by a better organised team. 

Yes, came out all blood and thunder for ten minutes, didn’t get the goal, then Southampton took control and leeds were finished from then on in. It was another qpr performance for them. 

It takes a very special club and fan base to  unite 99% of neutral supporters in wanting them to fail miserably every single season. 

I’m struggling to think of another team in any sport produces that kind of feeling. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Daggers said:

How long have you got?

Outside of the top 6 tourists, Leeds have the most delusional fan base. Just go look at Kieran Maguire’s Twitter; he posts the actual accounts and you’ve got dimwits who know nothing arguing with him. Actually, that makes them sound a lot like us. Damn.

Certainly up there but not quite as high as NottsF. 

13 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I don’t like Leeds but I can’t just can’t feel happy for Southampton and it’s because of their insufferable manager. I imagine they will grow to hate him as well. They had like 1 shot and he thinks he’s a genius.

Russell Martin will be comedy gold next season,  in his post match interviews. 

Wether they get stuffed in matches, or miss out due to a controversial VAR decision.

I'm quite looking forward to it tbh😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

The beauty of that game yesterday was that they were simply beaten by a better organised team. 

I watched quite a few Southampton games this season and I think they had the best off ball movement in the league. They also had a strange confidence/arrogance with the ball, probably Martin's work/psychology. Ofc like the majority of teams they went very easily into panic mode which cost them points. 

The 3 best teams got promoted and this is a fact.