Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

A Sheff Wednesday player just ran out of play under no pressure lol

There's some dross in this league

Watched a bit of the Bristol game earlier and I genuinely can’t believe we are in the same league as Plymouth, seen better Sunday league teams tbqh 

Fair play to Preston and Ipswich, both have had incredible starts and are  massively exceeding expectations, but their current form is unsustainable given their squads lack sufficient depth and quality. Trying to compete with one of the best and deepest squads ever to play outside of the top flight over a full season must be  a scary prospect for the rest of the division. Their best hope would have been that we got off to a slow start and whatever happens against Norwich tomorrow that hasn't happened. 

3 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

idk i've not watched any of their games and been all that impressed. think most of them could have gone either way tbh

They’re absolutely superb defensively, have been since Ryan Lowe came in. But they’ve never got more than a goal or two in them. Had a crazy amount of draws last season, like you say can often go either way/stalemate. 

We've not played ten games yet fellas. You don't win anything in October. 

I'm confident we'll smash this league. Our quality will come through. 

Preston have had a great start. But won't have the strength in depth. Likewise Ipswich. 

I'm more worried about Norwich and Leeds. Who I think will be our main challenges. 

Edited by TommyK
  • Like 1

The Championship is such a grinding season, with the number of games.

We will get turned off again, in games you didn’t expect, like we did at Hull.

You can’t really right anyone off. 

I’ll be surprised to see Preston to maintain their form, however I do think Ipswich will be top 6 come the end of the season. Still a long way to go though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Watched a bit of the Bristol game earlier and I genuinely can’t believe we are in the same league as Plymouth, seen better Sunday league teams tbqh 

I look forward to losing  1 nil to them at home in that case.