Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

42 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Not sure why there is so much bashing of preston, I assume this is because they not a leeds, leicester, southampton or a norwich they dont have the right to be where they are so they will drop off, the same as what people were saying about us 9 years ago.

Confidence is a huge factor in football, we lacked it last season and got relegated with the most expensive relegated team in history, likewise there has been many teams promoted on a shoestring.  Momentum breeds confidence.

We also have rode luck to get the points tally we currently have, the arguments to preston equally apply to us.  They can drop off, but we can drop off as well, we will both drop off at least to a degree. As we not maintaining a 6 wins out of 7 form for the entire season.

Why not ?

I don’t get this view —we were beating championship sides in cups with our reserves over the past 6 seasons due to the strength in depth we had and whilst we have not got the same quality in Maddison, tielemans, Barnes etc we have invested well and have attacking fire power out wide and up front. Our squad and first team quality is the best in the division and we should we walking this division based upon the standard - it’s not disrespectful it’s a fact as we have not got going or even close to the standards we have the potential to be so for me I am expecting us to walk this division and I would imagine so is the Chairman - no one at the club will say so but extremely poor decisions resulted in us being here but good ones have given us a reset and now we need to get back where we should be ………

2 hours ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Bang on. 

you can guarantee at the end of the season you’ll see a team in the top 6 who are currently lurking in about 18th-14th who everybody has already wrote off. Happens every year, a decent couple of months after Christmas for a nobody teams and they find themselves 5th. 

Coventry currently 18th

West Brom 15th and

Watford 14th

I've personally dismissed Qpr and Huddersfield from the places you have listed.

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Sunderland are cooking up nicely to challenge for me 

They know what their doing up there after years of being ran by utter prats. Their recruitment has been very clever, they might not quite make top 2 this season but they'll go close.

Having dispatched Southampton and Norwich quite comfortably, we should be looking to win this division. We'll have the occasional howler against the likes of Hull. Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday etc and that's okay, but we're gonna win far more than we lose.

29 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Is it me or is St Andrews one of the darkest grounds in the country?

Do they use torches instead of floodlights there?

You're right. It looks a very depressing ground. 

5 hours ago, Drink Water said:

Sorry, but even 2nd place is disappointing in our case. To breed the winning mentality back into this club, we need to be the champions of this league.

Don’t be daft. It will make absolutely no difference on next season if we go up as Champions or runners-up. It’s very common for the previous season’s runners-up to finish ahead of the champions in the PL. It won’t be a “disappointment” at all, everyone will be celebrating the promotion.

7 hours ago, Drink Water said:

Sorry, but even 2nd place is disappointing in our case. To breed the winning mentality back into this club, we need to be the champions of this league.

Getting out of this overly long, drawn out cess pit should be the number one priority. When Bournmouth did it, they came second - did anyone actually care?  My biggest concern is always burn out, and i would rather drop a few point to rotation than have a fraction of a team left at the end of the season who fall off a cliff. I trust Enzo to manage us through this, but i couldn't give a crap if we came 1st or 2nd.

13 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Coventry currently 18th

West Brom 15th and

Watford 14th

I've personally dismissed Qpr and Huddersfield from the places you have listed.

I wasn’t suggesting any of those teams I just meant generically a team at the lower end of the table. 

But now you’ve mentioned them, I fancy Watford to come good but could easily be West Brom or Coventry as you say so it just emphasises my point that there will be a late arrival. 

19 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I wasn’t suggesting any of those teams I just meant generically a team at the lower end of the table. 

But now you’ve mentioned them, I fancy Watford to come good but could easily be West Brom or Coventry as you say so it just emphasises my point that there will be a late arrival. 

Yeah I took your example and thought before that first game everyone expected Coventry to be in and around the top 8 come the end of the season, an they still can be early days.