Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Not sure if this has been posted but interesting to see. Birmingham, Boro and Cov severely under-performing.

Southampton about where they deserve to be based on performance is quite funny lol

Good summary as to why Preston will fall away soon. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Not sure if this has been posted but interesting to see. Birmingham, Boro and Cov severely under-performing.

Southampton about where they deserve to be based on performance is quite funny lol

Middlesbrough is strange as well, hard to put a finger on why it’s fallen apart so much this season. This suggested they are still doing lots of good things, but clearly struggling to score since akpom left for Ajax.

8 minutes ago, Adster said:

Harrowing club statement from Wesneday owner Chansiri this morning. The idiot releases more statements than they get wins truly embarrassing. And incredibly worrying times for SWFC.

This might be the worst paragraph i've ever read from a club owner

The club has found ways to improve and make things better and develop as much as we can, in all areas. However, it is not possible for the club to do things alone. For example, some fans have said the ticket price is too high. I have explained this many times in forums. For example, the prices can be lower if we have enough guaranteed volume and that is a win-win situation, for the club and the fans. It is the same for the price of the shirts, exactly the same principle. The price can be lower if the sale volume is higher. We must look for solutions – it is no use thinking of just one side, we must think of and help each other. I lose a lot of money each year and we must try and balance as much as we can.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Adster said:

Harrowing club statement from Wesneday owner Chansiri this morning. The idiot releases more statements than they get wins truly embarrassing. And incredibly worrying times for SWFC.

Yes. Be careful what you wish for sometimes. I thought owners went through a fit and proper test?

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Yes. Be careful what you wish for sometimes. I thought owners went through a fit and proper test?

I guess when you've been somewhere 9 years... you can go from a hero to a sociopath quite easily. 

Maybe it should be a regular check?

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I guess when you've been somewhere 9 years... you can go from a hero to a sociopath quite easily. 

Maybe it should be a regular check?

I'm currently in my ninth year in my current job & I'm sure my colleagues will attest to this. Except 'hero' is probably stretching it a bit...

• Haha 1

On 27/09/2023 at 13:00, filbertway said:

Exact same thing happened to Boro a year ago.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Tell you what could the timing of that statement be any worse?

Home game on sky tonight against a Sunderland side that will bring thousands of noisy fans.

Could get VERY nasty there later.

Their protest group looks to have ****ed up by a poorly worded tweet against Bannan. Lost a lot of support.

18 minutes ago, AjcW said:

This might be the worst paragraph i've ever read from a club owner

The club has found ways to improve and make things better and develop as much as we can, in all areas. However, it is not possible for the club to do things alone. For example, some fans have said the ticket price is too high. I have explained this many times in forums. For example, the prices can be lower if we have enough guaranteed volume and that is a win-win situation, for the club and the fans. It is the same for the price of the shirts, exactly the same principle. The price can be lower if the sale volume is higher. We must look for solutions – it is no use thinking of just one side, we must think of and help each other. I lose a lot of money each year and we must try and balance as much as we can.

He's gone all the way and explained the link between volumes and pricing lol 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

He's gone all the way and explained the link between volumes and pricing lol 

You'd imagine 'mansplaining' supply and demand to a city that's been making and exporting steel for years isn't the best idea lol 

• Haha 2