Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

On 21/09/2023 at 09:52, Dave Fishwick said:

It is pretty pedestrian thinking to think that one point difference after 7 games has any bearing on the quality between two teams, and that the current standings are the sole arbiter of the order of quality in the league. If you watch both the sides Ipswich are clearly a better side than Preston atm, Preston were very fortunate the other night, I can’t see them keeping up this run of form

Sunderland have also been really good and wouldn’t shock me if they started to go on a little run

This team,Sunderland I believe,next to Ipswich are our biggest opponents.

I still believe ( like Sunderland some seasons back)  Middlesbrough will find their form & surge up the table.

Another dangerous opponent later in the season…

L’pool shown us how far we are from thinking or challenging for PL top 6. We played some decent challenging football for

15 mins. Then the L’pool system & youngsters Tore us one…That said we are still in the evolving stage,these next 12-14 months,

will see the odd new face,but also vast improvement in phases of play as we go deeper into the season…

We have given Nacho his 6-7 game period,& yes he will have the odd good game. Personally I would like us to try Daka for those amount of games. 

• Like 1

Has any club suffered more since the 90s than Wednesday? They fly under the radar a bit but Cov are the only ones I can think of that have screwed up more and even they seem to turned a corner. Even Leeds and Forest fans have been luckier. 

25 minutes ago, bovril said:

Has any club suffered more since the 90s than Wednesday? They fly under the radar a bit but Cov are the only ones I can think of that have screwed up more and even they seem to turned a corner. Even Leeds and Forest fans have been luckier. 

Bury for one….

But yeah there hasn’t been much to cheer about for about 30 years for Wednesday fans. The way the two Sheffield clubs mimic each other is interesting. They tend to have a good season at the same time such as promotion last season (they both got relegated in the same season two years before I think) and now both being similar seasons so far and both with owner issues.

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

This might be the worst paragraph i've ever read from a club owner

The club has found ways to improve and make things better and develop as much as we can, in all areas. However, it is not possible for the club to do things alone. For example, some fans have said the ticket price is too high. I have explained this many times in forums. For example, the prices can be lower if we have enough guaranteed volume and that is a win-win situation, for the club and the fans. It is the same for the price of the shirts, exactly the same principle. The price can be lower if the sale volume is higher. We must look for solutions – it is no use thinking of just one side, we must think of and help each other. I lose a lot of money each year and we must try and balance as much as we can.

Jesus. It's worrying that he doesn't understand basic economics. If you decrease the price, you are likely to get that increased volume and therefore make the same profit or possibly more. Or, you could never try that and then cry that your 'volumes' aren't high enough.

Big club that has been destroyed by useless ownership.

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Bury for one….

But yeah there hasn’t been much to cheer about for about 30 years for Wednesday fans. The way the two Sheffield clubs mimic each other is interesting. They tend to have a good season at the same time such as promotion last season (they both got relegated in the same season two years before I think) and now both being similar seasons so far and both with owner issues.

Similar with Newcastle / Sunderland