Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Despite the goals, thought Sunderland have actually been quite wasteful up front..

Mowbray has looked frustrated a couple of times.

They're definitely a 'sleeping giant' (cliche?) of the game,

One of the youngest squads around too. Not sure what the long game is for them, whether or not they’re planning to cash in on the talent they’ve been stock piling or not, but either way they’ll be in the Prem next year or the year after. 

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

We aren't due to play Sheffield Wednesday til the end of November.

They will have long since sacked their manager and tightened up by then.

Depends who their manager is really

Their owner (if still there) isn't going to spend anything to get a good one in

• Like 1

Wednesday fans are treated so badly. Firstly their prices are through the roof, they're definitely gonna charge us £30+ in November. Then sack the manager that got them promoted. Disaster. Going straight back down.

Just now, MalletFox said:

Remember the first game of the season when everyone was saying Southampton were gonna walk the league after a late winner against Sheff Weds!? Madness!

Did anyone really say that though?

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Wednesday fans are treated so badly. Firstly their prices are through the roof, they're definitely gonna charge us £30+ in November. Then sack the manager that got them promoted. Disaster. Going straight back down.

From what little I know of them, they were garbage last season under Moore. Fluffed automatic promotion and we're largely outplayed in the final against 10 men. Simply a lucky punch got them up. A waste of a promotion space.

I actually really really dislike them as a club. They seem to think they are 'big'.  I'm getting on a bit and in my time, They been in division 3 and division 2 all through the 70s and 80s (a fairly even split too, wasn't just the odd season in the third) then had 7 or 8 years in the PL during the peak of sky renovating the game and after that brief spell, have since spent all their time in the second and third tier. What a useless club for a city of that size. 

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

No people just commented they had a strong side and would be up there but of course that equates to ‘they’re going to walk the league’ :rolleyes:

There were some prominent posters on this forum who, after yet another Rodgers/Danny Ward disasterclass defeat a year ago were laughing about the prospect of us being relegated

8 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

No people just commented they had a strong side and would be up there but of course that equates to ‘they’re going to walk the league’ :rolleyes:

Hey John … look at these comments, they kinda say Southampton will walk the league. You’re welcome.

IMG_8159.jpeg

IMG_8157.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

ironic how a Tuna baited me into this …

IMG_8158.jpeg

Can’t see much wrong with that comment at the time? They went on to lose JWP and Tella but they still have a good team now, just an awful manager. Tuna also said ‘impossible to judge with so much of the window left’. That bit is key.

I remember saying I thought they had a very balanced side at the start of the season. I believe I stayed away from predictions of them winning the league. I do specifically remember saying Martin would be their undoing and guess what!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Can’t see much wrong with that comment at the time? They went on to lose JWP and Tella but they still have a good team now, just an awful manager. Tuna also said ‘impossible to judge with so much of the window left’. That bit is key.

I remember saying I thought they had a very balanced side at the start of the season. I believe I stayed away from predictions of them winning the league. I do specifically remember saying Martin would be their undoing and guess what!

Nothing wrong with the comments, theyre simply opinions, but your comment below was factually incorrect my friend:

had a strong side and would be up there but of course that equates to ‘they’re going to walk the league“ 

And then I’ve just shown you a post where a poster literally said “Southampton are gonna piss the league” 👍🏻

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

Nothing wrong with the comments, theyre simply opinions, but your comment below was factually incorrect my friend:

had a strong side and would be up there but of course that equates to ‘they’re going to walk the league“ 

And then I’ve just shown you a post where a poster literally said “Southampton are gonna piss the league” 👍🏻

Well yeah, there’s always going to be a couple of posters who stick their necks out. Majority of people simply said they had a strong side and then some posters (yourself) decide to whip up a narrative they all these posters are saying Southampton are going to rip up the league.Not to mention football is fluid and situations change and yes, people can change their opinions.

Anyway, I’m sure you trawled through pages of posts to find a couple that proved your point so you could point score so whatever floats your boat.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Well yeah, there’s always going to be a couple of posters who stick their necks out. Majority of people simply said they had a strong side and then some posters (yourself) decide to whip up a narrative they all these posters are saying Southampton are going to rip up the league.Not to mention football is fluid and situations change and yes, people can change their opinions.

Anyway, I’m sure you trawled through pages of posts to find a couple that proved your point so you could point score so whatever floats your boat.

John, are you OK?