Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

10 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Hey John … look at these comments, they kinda say Southampton will walk the league. You’re welcome.

IMG_8159.jpeg

IMG_8157.jpeg

Unless they start selling their players, which they eventually did. And in all fairness I really didn't think that their new manager would be so gash. 

We shouldn’t be reading too much into the league table at the moment. There is still plenty of time for it to change.

Forest had something like 1 point from 9 games the season they got promoted, although they did have to change the manager for a change in fortune. We, ourselves, had a terrible start under Sousa (5 from 9 I think) and ended up close to the play offs after Sven arrived. 

Southampton could still challenge yet with their squad and I’m expecting them to get it right at some point. The old adage of just concentrating on ourselves is still a good one. It doesn’t currently matter what anyone else does if we keep winning 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

We, ourselves, had a terrible start under Sousa (5 from 9 I think) and ended up in the play offs

Didn't happen. Sven replaced Sousa for a start and we finished 10th. Finished 9th the next season when Pearson replaced Sven mid-season. Didn't make the play-offs til 2013.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Didn't happen. Sven replaced Sousa for a start and we finished 10th. Finished 9th the next season when Pearson replaced Sven mid-season. Didn't make the play-offs til 2013.

That’s my old man’s memory. I just remembered a distinct improvement after a dreadful start 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Edit:

We, ourselves, had a terrible start under Sousa (5 from 9 I think) and ended up in the play offs once NP returned.”

You curtailed my post early. What I said is still factually correct. It just took a season or two longer than I remembered :P

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Southampton v Leeds should be entertaining today 

Southampton fans are all doom and gloom.

Leeds fans are talking like they expect to win the league. 

A Southampton win today would make it interesting as both teams would then be on exactly the same number of points