Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

The early signs of this league are that there'll be two or three sides who'll open up a gap away from the chasing pack and end up battling among ourselves for the title, second automatic spot and trying to avoid the lottery of the play-offs.

Our individual quality, style of play and sheer strength in depth should see us be one of them, I suspect Ipswich's relentless consistency and energy will make them another and I think Sunderland will be another who'll quietly go about their business and possibly go under the radar a bit. 

The rest either are too flawed or lack the quality and depth to compete over 46 games.

16 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

It really is time this league and those that cover it started to give us the respect we deserve. We are the best team in this league comfortably and it’s not up for debate, I also cannot wait for us to follow up this post by losing to Blackburn tomorrow. 

Well that's jinxed tomorrow! Cheers

We should run away with this league, if we do thorough homework on the opposition - on paper.

Will be very surprised if not top-five, at least, come the end of the season, really.

Edited by Wymsey

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

We should run away with this league, if we do thorough homework on the opposition - on paper.

Will be very surprised if not top-five, at least, come the end of the season, really.

I’d argue we’d need a serious injury crisis not to finish top 2 tbh even at this stage

13 minutes ago, Bilo said:

The early signs of this league are that there'll be two or three sides who'll open up a gap away from the chasing pack and end up battling among ourselves for the title, second automatic spot and trying to avoid the lottery of the play-offs.

Our individual quality, style of play and sheer strength in depth should see us be one of them, I suspect Ipswich's relentless consistency and energy will make them another and I think Sunderland will be another who'll quietly go about their business and possibly go under the radar a bit. 

The rest either are too flawed or lack the quality and depth to compete over 46 games.

Ipswich will fall away eventually. It's ours to lose really. 

Top 1. We should absolutley walk it. We're miles ahead of everyone. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1