Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Bristol City are like most in the Championship - their barrier to further progression is consistency.

Doesn’t help their owner giving him no money. They sold Semenyo and Scott for tens of millions but I would be surprised if Nige has been able to spend £6m this summer.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Preston will drop off to outside the playoffs I’m sure. You always say the first 10 games set a bench mark and it’s look very promising. 

So the 1st 10 games set a bench mark, unless you're Preston? ;)

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Haha 4

Guest nathan.
20 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We should piss this league and that’s not being arrogant 

You shouldn't take anything for granted in this league.

If we become complacent or pick up injury's we will fall like a stone. 

The Championship needs to change its name. Its a stupid name for a second tier division. League 1 & 2 also needs changing. I get the Premier League is technically a separate competition to the Championship but they're all essentially linked.

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

The Championship needs to change its name. Its a stupid name for a second tier division. League 1 & 2 also needs changing. I get the Premier League is technically a separate competition to the Championship but they're all essentially linked.

Disagree. Unlike every other nation in the world it’s a high quality second tier  consumed (and revered) worldwide.

Its no coincidence it’s popularity worldwide has grown since the name changed. 

Being called “the championship” is what sets it apart… although Scotland did copy it lol 

• Like 1