Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

Like Claudio used to say one game at a time. We will see when we get there. 3 points is all that matters for now.

onwards we go.

we keep it up we will be a transformed and confident side coming back into the premier league. We have a solid manager who will be more than capable of handling promotion. He will have grown and so will the whole team. The danger is our manager and key players getting poached.

Great Post !!

I get the feeling that Maresca is enjoying being "The Man" at Leicester and unless  an unbelievable offer comes in I think he will relish the challenge of Leicester in the Premier.

Apparently he turned down the job at Southampton so I don't see him accepting just any club.

If he gets us promoted & then keeps us safe the offers will pour in.

90 points is typically around the total you need for automatic promotion. If we can win 20 more games this season, we can afford to lose 11 more games and still reach that total. Obviously winning 28 games in a 46 game season is easier said than done, but there's a chance we will be able to afford a blip. 

14 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

90 points is typically around the total you need for automatic promotion. If we can win 20 more games this season, we can afford to lose 11 more games and still reach that total. Obviously winning 28 games in a 46 game season is easier said than done, but there's a chance we will be able to afford a blip. 

84 points based on the last 5 years. 

10 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

84 points based on the last 5 years. 

Even better if that turns out to be the case!

I wouldn't bank on that being enough this season though. I can see Leeds hitting a good run of form and I think Ipswich are here for the long run too. Maybe a couple of others will also stay the course. 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Lots of talk that the phone image of Bradley Lowery was photoshopped and the bloke wasn't at the game.

Can Facebook/X or where ever that image came from find out who made the alleged photoshopped image in the first place?

23 minutes ago, Corky said:

Lots of talk that the phone image of Bradley Lowery was photoshopped and the bloke wasn't at the game.

20 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

It didn’t look even slightly real so I’m not surprised if true 

18 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Can Facebook/X or where ever that image came from find out who made the alleged photoshopped image in the first place?

There was a whole section on itv news yesterday about this incident. I would have thought that they would have verified that it wasn’t a photoshop before they went in two footed. At this stage I’d tend to think it’s real on the back of itv  

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There was a whole section on itv news yesterday about this incident. I would have thought that they would have verified that it wasn’t a photoshop before they went in two footed. At this stage I’d tend to think it’s real on the back of itv  

It looks photoshopped.

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think you overestimate the media in general. So much of what’s called news today is not verified before going to air/print… the old saying don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story has never been more true.

I personally have no idea if it’s real or fake, but I wouldn’t use the fact a media organisation is using it to prove its real.

If the guys are saying they were not even at the game, that should be pretty easy to prove either way.

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think you overestimate the media in general. So much of what’s called news today is not verified before going to air/print… the old saying don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story has never been more true.

I personally have no idea if it’s real or fake, but I wouldn’t use the fact a media organisation is using it to prove its real.

If the guys are saying they were not even at the game, that should be pretty easy to prove either way.

My son is a journalist and I know when he was on the local rag that he simply refused to put stuff online unless he had corroborated evidence.  My assumption was that at organisations like itv news where there isn’t pressure for clicks that they’d do their homework ahead of a big splash 

So since our defeat to Hull, in league games we've played 4, won 4, scored 11 and conceded 2. 3 of the wins by more than a single goal margin, and the one by a single goal was arguably the most dominant of the 4 performances.

There's definitely been an improvement here and things in the final third are clicking more. Two more games before the next international break and we should be targeting a perfect 6.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Number 6 said:

So since our defeat to Hull, in league games we've played 4, won 4, scored 11 and conceded 2. 3 of the wins by more than a single goal margin, and the one by a single goal was arguably the most dominant of the 4 performances.

There's definitely been an improvement here and things in the final third are clicking more. Two more games before the next international break and we should be targeting a perfect 6.

Eugh, thanks for pissing on the enjoyment we are all experiencing right now :unsure:

1 hour ago, Koke said:

If its photoshopped surely the original image can be found ? Whatever it was they were showing on their phones.

Not if the original image was one the photoshopper took on their phone and never uploaded to the internet. 

Anyone involved in the photoshopping and image release (if that is the case) is not going to come forward as they will probably face charges. 

13 hours ago, Corky said:

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It did look photoshopped but apparently has been verified.