Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Hate to sound like a GB News merchant but it can't be right that the police don't bother looking into muggings and burglaries but can seemingly throw everything they've got at stuff like this.

In an ideal world this is where vigilantes would play a permitted role in the justice system - the police shouldn't have to spend their time and resources on it but a good shoeing delivered outside the ground on his way out, with no recourse on his part, would be a fair sentence imo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I feel like I agree with you on almost everything else you post but I simply can't agree with this. As a parent of young children I can't imagine the pain of losing them to something so horrendous and for a moron like this to publicly mock it would be crushing to see. And for what? A cheap laugh from his mate or to wind up some opposition fans. It's utterly deplorable in my eyes.

I don't think an apology from a person with that mentality quite cuts it but I do agree there's a limit to the punishment he can receive. A nice hefty fine with the money going to the Bradley Lowery foundation would be nice to see

Agree with you. I do wonder if it’s not a good use of jail capacity but a life ban from football, a hefty amount of community service and a large part of his benefits money to be sent to Bradley’s foundation would be fine.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Hate to sound like a GB News merchant but it can't be right that the police don't bother looking into muggings and burglaries but can seemingly throw everything they've got at stuff like this.

In an ideal world this is where vigilantes would play a permitted role in the justice system - the police shouldn't have to spend their time and resources on it but a good shoeing delivered outside the ground on his way out, with no recourse on his part, would be a fair sentence imo.

If the bloke handed himself in, it will have taken 5 police officers/staff max to arrest/interview/charge him. Given the public outrage, it was probably in the public interest. It’s not as if they got a 20 person SWAT team to bang down his door at 5 in the morning. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yes, I'm not iscolating seperate incidents. Our fans are awful at it to singing at Forest.

There is no need for it and there's no place in football. People wouldn't mock death in day to day life so why do they feel it's acceptable when they're sourrounded by thousands of others, and Police, where they know nothing will happen to them.

Football has attracted some absoloute scum in recent years.

That's certainly not a recent thing. Football hooliganism was an epidemic throughout the 70s, 80s and even into the 90s/00s. People used to throw bananas at black footballers and there used to be much larger sections of the crowd doing monkey chants. Mocking tragedies is also nothing new. Liverpool fans used to take flags to games referencing the Munich air disaster. Has there been a time in the past 60 years when football hasn't attracted scumbags?

It's all wrong ofcourse, and I honestly couldn't care less about what happens to some twat who mocks the death of a little boy. My initial reaction and maybe it's irrational is that surely police resources can be put to better use and it's a matter for Sheffield Wednesday and football's governing bodies. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

Sheffield Wednesday Chairman has been responding to emails from fans complaining about his poor leadership lollollol

What a joke of a club.

F7NP64kX0AEyQnw.jpeg

As fake as that probably is, I challenge everyone here to bait Rudkin into creating a FoxesTalk account

Unless he's already here... prizes if any of you guess which one of us is him! :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

Sheffield Wednesday Chairman has been responding to emails from fans complaining about his poor leadership lollollol

What a joke of a club.

F7NP64kX0AEyQnw.jpeg

Couple of questions

1. What chairman uses 'r' as are and start a sentence "what are you doing..." and "please be respect"

2. If you're an owner of a football club, surely you would have "sent from my iPhone" on it as the rest is a custom signature.

3. He would have someone filtering his emails. 

I call bull on this email. Though, the context is correct. 

4 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I think the problem with muggings and burglaries is they’re relatively petty crimes (obviously not to the victim but in terms of what they deal with) and take considerable resources to actually investigate, find the culprit to arrest etc.

whereas with this, the fact they could have made one call to the club to get the culprits name and address due to his seat and send 1 car to go and get him, combine that with with the public outrage it’s a relatively easy win for them. 

Don’t get me wrong, when my car was broken into and mine and my partners stuff was stolen and they didn’t send anybody out and just gave me a crime number I was miffed off but when you take the personal side out of it nobody was hurt and I claimed on my insurance. They’re like most of the public sector and grossly underfunded so there hands are tied on where and when they spend the money really. 

• Like 1

Not sure if I should weigh in this or not, but I’ll throw my two cents in, I don’t understand how this is a criminal case, it’s extremely distasteful and he’s clearly an utter ****, potentially under the influence. But honestly the end result of this should be a simple ban for life from football and move on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Not sure if I should weigh in this or not, but I’ll throw my two cents in, I don’t understand how this is a criminal case, it’s extremely distasteful and he’s clearly an utter ****, potentially under the influence. But honestly the end result of this should be a simple ban for life from football and move on. 

Someone quoted the law earlier. 

23 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'm fed up of people showing pictures or chanting about tragedies and/or death at football matches and only receiving a stadium ban. It's pathetic.

Need to lock up half of Anfield sharpish then. 

Just now, Asha said:

Need to lock up half of Anfield sharpish then. 

Not sure why people keep bringing them into it, I didn't name any clubs. The people doing it are all as bad as each other, some of our fans included.

16 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

That's certainly not a recent thing. Football hooliganism was an epidemic throughout the 70s, 80s and even into the 90s/00s. People used to throw bananas at black footballers and there used to be much larger sections of the crowd doing monkey chants. Mocking tragedies is also nothing new. Liverpool fans used to take flags to games referencing the Munich air disaster. Has there been a time in the past 60 years when football hasn't attracted scumbags?

It's all wrong ofcourse, and I honestly couldn't care less about what happens to some twat who mocks the death of a little boy. My initial reaction and maybe it's irrational is that surely police resources can be put to better use and it's a matter for Sheffield Wednesday and football's governing bodies. 

I said "recent" because it's crept back into the game more. I think so anyway.

15 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Couple of questions

Oh its been verified as real, with the Chairman's email address. As you can see in the first video.

Also, Chansiri has been responding to other fans as well. Here's a more long-winded reply of his. As you can see in the second picture.

F7M7G7ZWwAAulPY.jpeg

Edited by Drink Water
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Lionator said:

ANYWAY, we’re all Hull tonight right?

Draw would do just fine, get both of them dropping points, as long as we do the business tomorrow. Hull are pretty well-drilled as we found out to our detriment, I feel like they've got a push for the automatics in them.

In a very un Pozzo like twist we have actually given Ismael a new contract it seems !

He has done well there - will get a nice pay off !

Must have a very good agent .

Not that I want him gone particularly as we must know by now the managerial merry go round doesn’t work .

And actually generally we haven’t played too badly but last 2/3 games have been worrying particularly defensively.

Ismael went to a back 3 on Saturday.

Unfortunately it gave Middlesbrough free reign in midfield and that  cost us the game really which he admitted .