Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Ipswich are excellent but they will fall away, they don't have the same quality of back up. 

Sam Morsey is key for them and last game he got suspended and they dropped points

However I echo what @Fox92 said would love to see them back in the Premier League, I think they are a real class act as a club and fan base, proper football mad town. 

• Like 2

It's clear that Ipswich have the edge over us in creating chances they seem to be much more potent than us in attack but our defence is much better. 

I agree with the poster who said West Brom will be in the mix and fully expect Middlesbrough to climb rapidly. 

Think these clubs will all be in contention us, Ipswich, Leeds, Hull, Sunderland, West Brom, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Norwich. 

Ipswich going well. Fair play. Think they will see the season through strongly IF they stay relatively injury free. Squad isn’t deep like ours at this level and that might be the difference. Otherwise a pretty typical championship evening. There will be a lot of ups and downs. 

What is wrong with some people - racism is obviously unacceptable anywhere and to anyone but even worse when it's your own player??

From the BBC:

During the second half, Blues midfielder Juninho Bacuna reported that racist abuse was directed at him by a supporter in the home crowd, with the club responding by emphasising "there is no room for racism in the game".

11 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Try living near me.Thought Spurs fans were bad,but the amount coming out of the woodwork giving it the big one is insufferable.

haha, I think it happens everywhere. Near me, whenever Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday are doing well they come out of the woodwork... haven't seen them this season...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

What is wrong with some people - racism is obviously unacceptable anywhere and to anyone but even worse when it's your own player??

From the BBC:

During the second half, Blues midfielder Juninho Bacuna reported that racist abuse was directed at him by a supporter in the home crowd, with the club responding by emphasising "there is no room for racism in the game".

Birmingham City fans, enough said. 

They won 4-1 as well. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

It's clear that Ipswich have the edge over us in creating chances they seem to be much more potent than us in attack but our defence is much better. 

I agree with the poster who said West Brom will be in the mix and fully expect Middlesbrough to climb rapidly. 

Think these clubs will all be in contention us, Ipswich, Leeds, Hull, Sunderland, West Brom, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Norwich. 

We had the highest xG in the division before last night btw.

Great result for Ipswich and a good one for Leicester too, the more we can both keep taking points off the pack the better, good luck tonight against Preston I hope you win and I think you could put 3 or 4 past them.

I saw a post a few back mentioning how we will drop away when injuries occur etc, worth mentioning we haven’t had our first choice keeper all season, Broadhead has missed two on the trot and our vice captain evans is out long term. There is a good chance we could lose burgess, luongo and morsy in jan to international tournaments which will be a blow especially without evans to come in so we will see what happens 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Midlands_tractor said:

Great result for Ipswich and a good one for Leicester too, the more we can both keep taking points off the pack the better, good luck tonight against Preston I hope you win and I think you could put 3 or 4 past them.

I saw a post a few back mentioning how we will drop away when injuries occur etc, worth mentioning we haven’t had our first choice keeper all season, Broadhead has missed two on the trot and our vice captain evans is out long term. There is a good chance we could lose burgess, luongo and morsy in jan to international tournaments which will be a blow especially without evans to come in so we will see what happens 

You boys are flying. I think the truth is, most won't know much about your squad as its been built very shrewdly at a lower level and therefore many can only presume its unlikely there's a real depth to it. 

Its rare a team comes up from League One and is in the mix for automatic promotion so succinctly but its do-able and I think teams ought to underestimate you at their peril.

I like your attacking options, probably the biggest bunch of underrated wingers and forwards in the league, bit there's so many options.

It will be difficult for us both to keep maintaining 2.5 / 2.7 points per game, there'll likely be a drop off but its about racking up the points and managing the chaos.

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Really? Didn't know that. It's encouraging. We seem to struggle to break down teams at times so I am surprised mind 

Not sure how you could have come to that conclusion seeing as we had also scored the joint most in the division before last night.