Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

6 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

A pat on the back for all of us who said Preston wouldn’t stay the course and wouldn’t be long in dropping down the table, as opposed to just blindly following the league table

Preston were woeful and will definitely sink to mid table (good) 

• Like 1

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Preston were woeful and will definitely sink to mid table (good) 

Agreed. Thought they were over achieving, tonight's proven that.

They'll hang around the top 6 until mid November and then fall away I think. Come Christmas they'll be well off it

Just now, Vacamion said:

The Sky Sports Soccer Special has Tim Sherwood, Alan Pardew and Danny Mills.

Truly, a cavalcade of c*nts.

Danny Mills has a really patronising sigh before he speaks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

Agreed. Thought they were over achieving, tonight's proven that.

They'll hang around the top 6 until mid November and then fall away I think. Come Christmas they'll be well off it

I really hope so. Nothing against them as a team but that negative style of play doesn't deserve to be rewarded

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Danny Mills has a really patronising sigh before he speaks.

I *love* the fact that he got the sack on the BBC for giving it the big man and demanding more time front and centre.  

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I really hope so. Nothing against them as a team but that negative style of play doesn't deserve to be rewarded

Agree.. we'll see a load of that this season though.. unfortunately away aswell as at home.

Hopefully we will only witness it for one season. Win Saturday we'll be a third of the way to 90 points (should be minimum 2nd) in only a quarter of the season 

At this stage last season Sheff U led the way with 20pts and Burnley back in 4th with 17, it’s looking good.

I really want us to write another few lines in the history books, most goals, least conceded and obviously most points.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Disgusting wasn't it? One that Bamford should be retrospectively banned for.

Did they actually drop retrospective bans for diving ???  (Or was that only premier league )

I’ve just seen it on Twitter and could have been caught - need different angles to be sure 

Edited by st albans fox

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The games where we struggle are the ones where the other team come in a deep block and sit back, like will be the case tonight, and we don't seem to create much against it

Yes we can run riot against the likes of Blackburn and Southampton who attack us but that's no good if we're going to be struggling every time a team comes looking for a point. 

Thankfully this didn't age well. 

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

After the last couple of years it's anything but depressing 

I’m loving it and not just because we are winning every week, but also for many other reasons, like no VAR or having to put up with the Big 6 love fest week in week out. Playing different teams and visiting some old school stadiums in a league where money isn’t dripping from every hole. I don’t want to stay here longer than this season but just like our time League 1, I am having fun with it! 

• Like 3

I wasn't looking forward to this season during the summer, but I've found 

myself loving it so far. Tonight was the best for ages, getting relegated could turn out to be a blessing in disguise!

Edited by melrose
Spelling
  • Like 3