Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

20 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

as we are talking about ST prices…

Championship season ticket prices

Cheapest adult/average across all adult tickets

Norwich City - £534 / £635

Sheffield Wednesday - £510 / £623

Middlesbrough - £480 / £565

Blackburn Rovers - £420 / £475

Leeds United - £420

Millwall - £407 / £462

Rotherham United* - £405 / £422

Watford* - £402 / £460

Coventry City - £400 / £460

Sunderland - £390 / £533

Leicester City - £385 / £590

Bristol City - £375 / £492

Swansea City - £370 / £372

Plymouth Argyle - £370 / £422

Southampton - £359 / £571

Ipswich Town* - £353 / £398

West Brom - £349 / £407

Stoke City - £344 / £379

Hull City - £300

Preston North End - £280 / £320

Huddersfield Town - £249

Cardiff City - £249 / £327

QPR* - £242 / £482

Birmingham City are yet to release their prices for 2023/24

*based on early renewal price

Cov are also doing this :D

I like their ambition but surely no one is falling for it! 

Screenshot_20230609-130717.png

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The game in this country is in danger of not being British anymore..

Sad really.

Nothing says british like pints of Chang and Buddhist regalia around the stadium lol 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

The game in this country is in danger of not being British anymore..

Sad really.

Why cos a Italian owner who bought the club from an Italian has sold the club to an American ?

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 07/06/2023 at 21:16, Superjack said:

Lovely reply. Thanks. 👍

Nige gave an interview not so long ago where he said that he is a lot more considered and thoughtful than in previous years, and I think we have seen that change even in his time here. He is a lot less 'bristly' in interviews than he was at first and lately almost seems to embrace them.

We are very lucky to have him, and even luckier that he seems to have found happiness here. 

I think you will get the right man in, even if you don't think he is at first. And even if you don't, I think you will go back up before too long. 

I hope you take us with you. 👍

I’m not in the doom and gloom camp of we will go straight through to league 1 but our board are clueless and intend on not learning from the mistakes made.

You guys under Pearson who has had the time he has, have far more chance of going up than we do for me. 

I’m expecting somewhere around midtable for us but you guys could be ready for get top 6 this year!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’m not in the doom and gloom camp of we will go straight through to league 1 but our board are clueless and intend on not learning from the mistakes made.

You guys under Pearson who has had the time he has, have far more chance of going up than we do for me. 

I’m expecting somewhere around midtable for us but you guys could be ready for get top 6 this year!

Well obviously I hope you're right regarding us, but I think the most realistic of our fans would be happy with top ten.

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

Well obviously I hope you're right regarding us, but I think the most realistic of our fans would be happy with top ten.

I'm looking forward to a trip to the new Ashton Gate. I've not been there since it had it's makeover but I've heard decent things about it (other than the rugby markings!). 

Ps. Much appreciated gesture by lighting up the stadium in Royal Blue the night that Vichai died. Class. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm looking forward to a trip to the new Ashton Gate. I've not been there since it had it's makeover but I've heard decent things about it (other than the rugby markings!). 

Ps. Much appreciated gesture by lighting up the stadium in Royal Blue the night that Vichai died. Class. 

You will be welcome. (not to the points though 👍😊)

Don't start me on the rugby... 🤣

Edited by Superjack

49ersLeeds.JPG.aa076029c48f51b82e4b097eb291f625.JPG

The posh clubs have sized you up, Brendan.  They don't let bums in, and you don't even reach their bouncers' armpits.  It ain't happening.

You're going to have to slum it at some ratty club that wants your business.

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 1

It’s interesting watching the BSLB podcast back now with Kieran Maguire. We’ve grown so rapidly that the bubble burst and we’re back where we started under KP. 

I’m surprised we haven’t seen any movement yet in terms of management for us. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

49ersLeeds.JPG.aa076029c48f51b82e4b097eb291f625.JPG

The posh clubs have sized you up, Brendan.  They don't let bums in, and you don't even reach their bouncers' armpits.  It ain't happening.

You're going to have to slum it at some ratty club that wants your business.

Thing is , Rodgers doesn't have to work. His property empire will keep him comfortable for the rest of his life. His business side has gone from success to success. So if he thinks a management job is beneath him , he will ignore it until some desperate saddos come to him pleading for him to help them out , and they probably will.

18 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Comfortably the best badge on there as well. 

Nope. Blackburn and Sunderland are proper badges, with an honourable mention to the classy font of QPR.

On 10/06/2023 at 01:45, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I wonder what we are worth as a club.

In the article itself:

"The completion of a takeover by 49ers Enterprises would, according to those with knowledge of its intentions for Leeds, result in an increased close-season budget as part of the US group’s plan to inject funds into the club and avoid more than 12 months outside the Premier League."

Not good news if we were banking on beating them to an automatic promotion position.