Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Guest nathan.
1 minute ago, HarryDee8 said:

Why did we sell Hirst? 🤔

I said it before a game was played.

He wasn't given a chance here. 

Just now, Jattdogg said:

Because i am selfish and want us to run away with it. Ffs! Lol

We can run away with it if we beat Ipswich 2 times. If they manage eventually to win 38-39 games, fair play to them. As it unfolds right now it's the best scenario. This Championship table after 13 games is bonkers. 

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

We can run away with it if we beat Ipswich 2 times. If they manage eventually to win 38-39 games, fair play to them. As it unfolds right now it's the best scenario. This Championship table after 13 games is bonkers. 

I was about to post this, doing the double over them would be it.

6 minutes ago, nathan. said:

He was never given a chance.

He didn't get a chance because he wasn't good enough to get one ahead of the striker options we already had

Lewis Brunt will never likely get a chance either but I can still confidently say he isn't good enough for us

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Why did we sell Hirst? 🤔

Not done much in the Championship yet has he? Two poor loan spells at Rotherham and Blackburn and whilst starting most games for Ipswich who are flying, he's not amongst the goals.

With time he may turn out to be decent at this level but I can see why we opted to cash in for a reasonable fee + sell on clause. 

Tom Cannon done more at this level in half a season who's effectively his replacement.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, nathan. said:

He was never given a chance.

12 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Why did we sell Hirst? 🤔

Simple we weren't in the position to gamble on a player unproven at Championship level, he's made 52 app (20 games in minutes) at Championship level for 3 club and score 2 goals.

We had Vardy, Nacho and Daka ahead of him, I imagine the lad wanted to play at 24.

Tom Cannon at 20 has scored 8 Championship goals in less games and minutes.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I bet Ipswich feel sick, they’ve made an incredible start themselves, and we’ve still bettered it….. 

Judging from their fans reactions I don't think that's the case. They're all over the moon and they've already acknowledged our quality. The table would have been different if we had more draws or losses.