Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

27 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

For anyone who missed it....

You think that's bad, check out the Alexander penalty for Gillingham Vs Swindon. Genuinely one of the most pathetic pens I've ever seen.

About 1.37

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

I wonder if I’ll stop reading about Leeds now being some incredible team ready to squash the points gap bwteeen the top two and them. It just keeps getting bigger 

Probably not.

Leeds have a squad that really should be challenging top two. So have we so it’s really encouraging to be building up such a gap between us. We might need it or we might not, but we certainly can’t be definitive about it after 13 games of a 46 game season. 

Ipswich don’t have a squad that should be challenging for top two, but here we are. They might well fade, but …. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrandadDel said:

Ipswich fan in peace.

Cheers for the kind words, its nice to see the praise from a team as respectable as Leicester.  We've had one hell of a rough patch in our history, but it is nice to see good and proper football at PR again. I can't wait for Boxing day, and hope by then that we're still both sitting pretty with the ship firmly pointing toward the Premier League once more.

GrandadDel

Obviously I hope we win the league but if I could pick a team to finish behind us, it would be Ipswich. Not because I have a bit of a soft spot for them (which I do, and have ever since your crazy PL season back in the early 2000s when Marcus Stewart was on a rampage) but because so far, you deserve it. 

My initial thought was that you might not have the squad to go deep into the season but I've since noticed just how much you rotate your first 11 which certainly indicates that the squad is deeper than some may think. 

Good luck for the rest of the season but I hope we ruin your Christmas! Lol.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Anyone think that might be the top 2 sorted? 

Ipswich win their game then they’re also 12 points clear of 3rd…we’re 14…

Yep. This is despite Ipswich already losing at home to Leeds as well. We just both look an absolute mile better than the others. Leeds have been false dawn after false dawn. They've shown promise but they don't seem to be able to go 3 games without a clanger. We're obviously far too good for this league, Ipswich are a machine. Said it before but nothing but respect for them and McKenna - the fact they're keeping relative pace with us as a newly promoted side is phenomenal. It would be getting so much more attention if not for us.

• Like 1

Best compliment I can pay Ipswich is their use of their forwards/wingers. It saddens me that in the modern game, strikers are becoming a dying breed. 

Ipswich have adapted to that by creating a system where such players cover the 9,10 and out wide roles. Chaplin dropping in is an absolute nuisance, technically brilliant. It's the role we call for Iheanacho to be allowed to do and have a striker ahead of him, trouble is his 1st touch can be utter piss flaps. 

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Best compliment I can pay Ipswich is their use of their forwards/wingers. It saddens me that in the modern game, strikers are becoming a dying breed. 

Ipswich have adapted to that by creating a system where such players cover the 9,10 and out wide roles. Chaplin dropping in is an absolute nuisance, technically brilliant. It's the role we call for Iheanacho to be allowed to do and have a striker ahead of him, trouble is his 1st touch can be utter piss flaps. 

And at other times sublime

19 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

And at other times sublime

Yeah it can be, but can see why it's prevented that set up consistently. To deploy another striker who cannot press that's 1st touch equals losing the ball regularly makes it difficult to go with. Such a shame as his slide rule passing through to the striker or advancing wingers is as good as anything I've seen in recent years.

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Why are people worried about Ipswich lol. Good on them. 

But we're so far ahead of this league it doesn't really matter who keeps winning. 

I guess it depends on which narrative you want.

Both Ipswich & ourselves are both looking good for promotion. 

They're on our tails if it's a race to the title you're after.

Such a long way to go still. We probably have the bigger, stronger squad, but all they need is a bit of luck regarding injuries etc & it'll be interesting.