Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

8 hours ago, Langston said:

Surely that first record means the second one is a given? Am I missing something?

I thought same - but first one is any division, second one is top 4 leagues only. Still def worded annoyingly. 

14 points… no way we’d ever let a gap like that slip! :whistle:

39 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

I thought same - but first one is any division, second one is top 4 leagues only. Still def worded annoyingly. 

14 points… no way we’d ever let a gap like that slip! :whistle:

It's not *any* league though as that would need an absurd amount of data across thousands of leagues and hundreds of years - the first record references the league (surely meaning FL/PL) then the second also references the top 4 tiers. 

10 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Probably not.

Leeds have a squad that really should be challenging top two. So have we so it’s really encouraging to be building up such a gap between us. We might need it or we might not, but we certainly can’t be definitive about it after 13 games of a 46 game season. 

Ipswich don’t have a squad that should be challenging for top two, but here we are. They might well fade, but …. 

Fine margins…

something clicks ,no major point or reason,just belief in the system & confidence that builds.

Ipswich, something is letting it flow

Leeds,Middlesborough, not yet quite there..though stuttering,one believes they will

get those kinks out,then  throw out an hard challenge..

No matter what you and I think ,others as well,dying to believe there is nothing stopping this new found LCFC perfect storm maschine.

Enjoy these moments & see if we can project our potential beyond ,into 

that ”more  definitive about it after 13-26 games”

Look at that lovely table…We have to lose 6 games,

the others have to win 6 games +1 to even try & make a dent..

I am not presumptuous,or assume  what is before me,will stay a fact..

I just have a settled feeling,neither Leicester or Ipswich will veer from this seasons,

their destiny..Even more so,that Ipswich will get and take the plaudits,even if we slaughter them on points difference…

We were relegated,but with a decent cache of reasons for instant rebuild.

Ipswich came through the bottom of the pile,with immediate effect of finding

their system,with less rescources…

To be fair,it’s true,but I care what happens to us,and are more than happy just to see us pull ourselves out of a self made quagmire.

I hope Enzo‘s idea of our legacy,is to grab this chance,and stay & build on what,he is at present slowly creating…Shankly-L‘pool, Revie-Leeds, Pep- Barca & Man.City.

Nicholsen-Spurs, Wenger-Arsenal.  

Clough-never encompassed that longetivity-legacy as the others..

Why does he need another Vehicle/platform,if you believe in the system,the potential of rewriting history with a new club..That is when your name and history becomes & stays unique.Why ride in another’s slipstream..

From my side if he didn’t quite aspire to those high coveted dreams,he would have taken this club,well beyond our wildest dreams,and take-over & own that Mr Leicester legend  Tag.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Fine margins

I can't read your entire post, as I have work to do (and can't devote half a day to it) 

But indeed, fine margins eh? Had Cov gone  2 ahead as they should've, had Cardiff held on for 19 more seconds, had Macateer not produced an out of the blue finish at Rotherham ...we'd have had 2 points from three games, crowd restless with this bizarre new system etc etc 

Lots about football - and in life - is about maxing out your luck

44 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I can't read your entire post, as I have work to do **(and can't devote half a day to it) **

But indeed, fine margins eh? Had Cov gone  2 ahead as they should've, had Cardiff held on for 19 more seconds, had Macateer not produced an out of the blue finish at Rotherham ...we'd have had 2 points from three games, crowd restless with this bizarre new system etc etc 

Lots about football - and in life - is about maxing out your luck

Not a truer word spoken…then add a twist that it is ordained, & our destiny!
There starts the codswallop …

**But no need to be facetious..5 minutes will do…We are on a F.forum where posters including yourself,post short or long, on Fuchsntf/paninistickers wisdoms or blabberings..

That you have work to do.!!
now that is where you slipped up & stopped instantly any type of serious debate

Besides when I split the Atom,discovered the reason behind the why,

or now Dying   & killing myself  laughing trying to keep a straight face of  past adventures to quantam the sex act..&  now Paninsticker types proclaiming they have work to do.

A friend speaking to me upon on our retirement.. years of doodling around in a technical atmosphere, .

What the Fcuk was that all about..??

12 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

You think that's bad, check out the Alexander penalty for Gillingham Vs Swindon. Genuinely one of the most pathetic pens I've ever seen.

About 1.37

the penalty on this albeit pathetic was better than Maddisons effort against Everton last season!

• Like 1

Surely the parachute payments argument is a bit misleading? We spent much less than we got from sales - the reason we were able to spend was due to having good players to sell. Relegated teams do well because they have something more akin to a Premier League squad than those in the Champ. I guess you could argue that the extra income allows relegated teams to hold on to some of those players more easily, but the argument falls apart a little bit when Ipswich are sat in second, and fairly comfortably so.

13 hours ago, GrandadDel said:

Ipswich fan in peace.

Cheers for the kind words, its nice to see the praise from a team as respectable as Leicester.  We've had one hell of a rough patch in our history, but it is nice to see good and proper football at PR again. I can't wait for Boxing day, and hope by then that we're still both sitting pretty with the ship firmly pointing toward the Premier League once more.

GrandadDel

I echo the other poster who said he would pick Ipswich out of the whole division to go up. 

I too have a big soft spot for Ipswich, definitely my second favourite team after Leicester, ever since the Premier League team of 2000. Plus I really like your badge. And having been to Portman Road it's a nice town and ITFC fans are a sound bunch. 

You deserve this after all the years of penny pinching and the doldrums! Hope you can stay in second! 

• Like 1

If we win 1 more game then draw the other 32 then this is the final table:

1.) Ipswich Played 46 -  118

2.) Leeds Played 46 - 77

3.) Preston Played 46 - 77 

4.) Southampton Played 46 - 74

5.) Leicester Played 46 - 71

5.) West Brom Played 46 - 70

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

2.) Leeds Played 46 - 77

Sorry I do not understand this whatsoever 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

2.) Leeds Played 46 - 77

Eh….. you wot mate?

4 minutes ago, Fox forever said:

Sorry I do not understand this whatsoever 

Yeah that's probably because I didn't explain it whatsoever  :D so accept my apology instead haha

That's the table if

A) The rest of the league continue their exact current form for the rest of the season

and 

B) Leicester beat QPR this weekend and then draw our remaining 32 matches (1 point per game)

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

people finally seeing Rooney is a below average manager/coach then, 

imo he did well-ish at Derby because he had Liam Rosenior as assistant; and hes shown hes a decent up and coming manager/head coach imo

hopefully Birmingham fall down the league like a stone

Much as I want Rooney to fail and I have no love for Birmingham City …. he’s been there for TWO games. 

How much time are managers given these days before we denounce them as crap? 

36 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

That's the table if

A) The rest of the league continue their exact current form for the rest of the season

and 

B) Leicester beat QPR this weekend and then draw our remaining 32 matches (1 point per game)

The probability of that happening, makes 5,000-1 look like a sure thing ...?

1 hour ago, Jack1993 said:

2.) Leeds Played 46 - 77

Why post things like this! It’s tempting fate lol

• Haha 1

People often look at squads of players and decide which team will be successful based on how they can cope with injuries and suspensions. For me there is a 3rd factor of effort v quality. 

We quite often see teams fade over a season. A side promoted to the Premier League will often have good early results, but when fatigue sets in over the course of a season they can’t maintain it. A high energy, high press, run all over the pitch style isn’t sustainable. Then you have to start solely relying on the quality that you have in your squad to sustain the churning out of results. 

That’s why teams like Man City can sustain form for longer, but others start chasing harder and harder to cling on. I look at the quality in our squad in the Championship and see no reason why we can’t have that longevity. We can even afford injuries along the way. 

I never write any team off (see LCFC 15/16), but I have my doubts whether Ipswich can keep up an attacking style over a 46 game season. That’s why I keep looking to the likes of Leeds and Southampton as our key rivals. The bigger gap we put between ourselves and those clubs gives me more confidence of promotion.

Of course Ipswich are capable of blowing this theory apart and, personally, I’d like nothing more than us and them filling the automatic promotion places if that ultimately proves to be the case.