Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

28 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

I feel like people are showing slight bias to Ipswich as theyre a promoted team doing what they are doing

if it was Leeds doing what Ipswich are doing, playing the same way and in the same form, I don't think as many people would be writing them off. Is that fair to say?

I haven’t seen many people writing them off to be fair. 

The difference between them and Leeds is the latter would be expected to challenge whereas Ipswich are defying expectations. Sustaining their form for 12 games is clearly more than a blip. They must be a good side, but whether they can continue for 46 games is the question. 

My guess, at this point, would be play-offs for the Tractor Boys. But I’d reserve the right to change that opinion after the next 10 games. As I said - they’ve clearly got something 

6 minutes ago, AshamedQPRfan said:

Until this Saturday. 

if you thought Bristol City were bad then, boy, are you in for a surprise when you play us this weekend. 

We would make hungover Sunday League pub teams look like 1970 Brazil.

Whats gone so wrong? 

6 minutes ago, AshamedQPRfan said:

Until this Saturday. 

if you thought Bristol City were bad then, boy, are you in for a surprise when you play us this weekend. 

I thought that Stoke were worse but they beat Leeds last night. The Championship is unpredictable. 

1 hour ago, AshamedQPRfan said:

Until this Saturday. 

I always thnk something will go wrong when fans from other clubs say how bad they are, its years of being a leicester fan.;)

The more you read how consistent we have to be (even from here) to break that 106 record you realise how insane it is for that to have happened in recent memory in this division. Especially a Reading side who’d never been in the Premier League and had just built up. Makes you realise what monsters that 13/14 side were to get to 102 as well. 

5 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Much as I want Rooney to fail and I have no love for Birmingham City …. he’s been there for TWO games. 

How much time are managers given these days before we denounce them as crap? 

his record at DC United wasnt great either tbf, he didnt do overly well at Derby either, but other factors in that too

only a 26% win rate at DC

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I always thnk something will go wrong when fans from other clubs say how bad they are, its years of being a leicester fan.;)

Especially when their last 5 all read loss and ours read wins. This would be the most obvious qpr win you're likely to see most championship seasons lol

Just can't see Pearson improving further Bristol City position-wise this season.

Will probably finish where they are now, like they have done over the past few seasons.

Can even imagining him leaving, after his recent unhappiness with the club's owners.

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Would have thought we'd have at least 1 player amongst the top scorers. Genuinely don't even know who's our top scorer.

Screenshot_20231026_212803_Google.thumb.jpg.264f37dbab9f7b019b641e771fa5d94b.jpg

We have like 3 players on 5 and 1 or 2 on 4... That's far more valuable to have than relying on 1 player. 

19 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

This makes me much less convinced we'll manage it. When you lay it out like that, we'd have to keep up this form for a monstrously long time.

Yeah I don't think it happens, at least not to that extent! I think our dip will come in January when we miss a few AFCON players. 

• Like 1