Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Especially when their last 5 all read loss and ours read wins. This would be the most obvious qpr win you're likely to see most championship seasons lol

None of us can see anything other than an utter humiliation on Saturday. We can’t defend and can’t score. Not a good recipie when playing teams like Leicester.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Scotch said:

We have like 3 players on 5 and 1 or 2 on 4... That's far more valuable to have than relying on 1 player. 

well thats true... but also... lol 

Vardy Jamie Leicester GIF - Vardy Jamie Leicester City GIFs

Just seen Albrighton in the corner... lollol 

Edited by ozleicester

16 hours ago, Langston said:

The more you read how consistent we have to be (even from here) to break that 106 record you realise how insane it is for that to have happened in recent memory in this division. Especially a Reading side who’d never been in the Premier League and had just built up. Makes you realise what monsters that 13/14 side were to get to 102 as well. 

We basically need to average form which would see us pick up 99 points over the course of the season from this point. For this squad, it's doable...

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

We basically need to average form which would see us pick up 99 points over the course of the season from this point. For this squad, it's doable...

Though at the same time, the fact that we still need to average that after the start we've made shows just how ridiculous it was that Reading actually did it in the first place. 

Guest Kopfkino
16 hours ago, Langston said:

The more you read how consistent we have to be (even from here) to break that 106 record you realise how insane it is for that to have happened in recent memory in this division. Especially a Reading side who’d never been in the Premier League and had just built up. Makes you realise what monsters that 13/14 side were to get to 102 as well. 

That season is criminally underrated outside of Leicester. It’s not even a time thing, it never got the credit it deserved at the time as all the talk was always about how great Derby were.

Think Reading won 12 of 13 at one point in that season. But it was also 34 unbeaten (which I believe is also a record) winning 26. It’s insane as you say.

We won 13 of 15 in 13/14, Burnley won 13 of 14 at a stage last season. Sunderland 12 of 14 in 98/99. Our start might be unheard of but it’s exactly what you need to do at some point to break 100 points.

I don't think the record is that far out of reach for this squad given the very good start we have made, and I'm a bit surprised at the odds Sky Bet were offering in that graphic above. Obviously it is a great record and that Reading side were very very good, but we were probably expecting 2 sticky periods (at the start as we bed in the new system, and in Jan with AFCON). We've got through one of those way ahead of the required pace.

The base we have now also means 2ppg takes us to 102, which is pretty standard promotion form. I think this side really should break the 100 point mark now. It is whether we can bridge that gap to get to 107. With the way it has panned out so far they really should be striving to achieve that.

Jesus christ. 

After I watched the Sunderland highlights on YouTube, YouTube won't stop recommending me Sunderland fan channels, like 13 year old looking Sunderland fans cosplaying as famous you tubers doing match day coverage. Jesus christ these people are dillusional and there's hordes of them. 

Was the entire away end just banter lads recording themselves reacting to the game. Maybe that's why they all missed the Six million clear cut chances we created that they were extremely lucky not to get hammered by. Fvck me. 

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Big blow for Stoke

Might mean they come in for Iversen in January, they were interested in the summer and if Alex Neil is still there by then he was his manager at Preston

What exceptional circumstances? They're doing crap or actually have some GK crisis? 

I've not watched Ipswich this season (or any previously, to be honest) but it would be interesting to see if opposition players raise their game against them like they do with us. Sunderland gave it everything on Tuesday night and were almost crawling by full time. I've not heard they'd done that in previous matches. Enzo called it in the summer in that playing us will be a big deal due to our status which goes some way to explain the same old low block tactics that have featured in most of our matches so far. Not sure if teams set up like that or raise their game as much against Ipswich. 

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What exceptional circumstances? They're doing crap or actually have some GK crisis? 

Neto is injured. I guess they want another keeper on the bench to cover. 

Stoke can't complain, they have the money to buy their own keeper but pulled out of a deal for Sarkic from us after agreeing a fee, only to loan Travers. 

Reading and Fulham were the 2 exceptional teams in my memory. Both then subsequently stayed up comfortably in the Premier League. Reading even finished 8th or something. 

On 26/10/2023 at 17:11, AshamedQPRfan said:

Until this Saturday. 

if you thought Bristol City were bad then, boy, are you in for a surprise when you play us this weekend. 

We would make hungover Sunday League pub teams look like 1970 Brazil.

I am expecting us to get 3 or 4 tbh.

I am looking forward to tomorrow though, always love my trip to Loftus Road. Hope you stay up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Reading and Fulham were the 2 exceptional teams in my memory. Both then subsequently stayed up comfortably in the Premier League. Reading even finished 8th or something. 

Seem to remember a yo-yo'ing West Brom in the mid-00's popping down with Zoltan Gera, Robert Koren, Chris Brunt, James Morrison, Kev Phillips ect.

Maybe they didn't run away with the Title but they'd come here to play us off the pitch completely, looked a different level.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I've not watched Ipswich this season (or any previously, to be honest) but it would be interesting to see if opposition players raise their game against them like they do with us. Sunderland gave it everything on Tuesday night and were almost crawling by full time. I've not heard they'd done that in previous matches. Enzo called it in the summer in that playing us will be a big deal due to our status which goes some way to explain the same old low block tactics that have featured in most of our matches so far. Not sure if teams set up like that or raise their game as much against Ipswich. 

Bristol City were unlucky not to get a point against them. Threw the kitchen sink at them, hit the post and the ball ran along the line and got cleared. You need luck as well and we have had it to. 

17 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Sounding a lot like Spurs fans during the run in 2016.