Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

24 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

That match next week could be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

It's going to be bedlam. I think it's time we went to traditional full backs for this to deal with their obvious strength out wide. Piroe and Rutter will also be causing problems.

I think it could be a 4-3 thriller either way.

• Like 1

Say what you like about Warnock. (I think most of us have over the years.) But he's a clever sod.

He had Huddersfield playing an ugly style of full team man for marking system, that was quite hard to deal with for most teams. We didn't look that convincing ourselves until we started to adapt.

Now he's been harshly sacked and replaced by a less experienced manager in Moore. I think we are starting to see that those Huddersfield players were being kept competitive by Warnock. Huddersfield are pap when they play more conventional football.

24 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

Say what you like about Warnock. (I think most of us have over the years.) But he's a clever sod.

He had Huddersfield playing an ugly style of full team man for marking system, that was quite hard to deal with for most teams. We didn't look that convincing ourselves until we started to adapt.

Now he's been harshly sacked and replaced by a less experienced manager in Moore. I think we are starting to see that those Huddersfield players were being kept competitive by Warnock. Huddersfield are pap when they play more conventional football.

I thought he left rather than being sacked?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

He wasn’t sacked, he just decided to leave 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

I thought he left rather than being sacked?

This was their Chief Exec 3 months after Warnock signed a new deal. 

“At this point, we now feel we are ready to make a longer-term managerial appointment. I’ve had detailed discussions with Neil and, alongside Ronnie, Carl Serrant and Ian Bennett, he’s agreed to step aside to allow us to do this."

They didn't call it a sacking, but they found a replacement and told him he wasn't needed. He had the good grace not to fight them over it. Not that he could do much. It's only not a sacking if you believe the spin.

3 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

This was their Chief Exec 3 months after Warnock signed a new deal. 

“At this point, we now feel we are ready to make a longer-term managerial appointment. I’ve had detailed discussions with Neil and, alongside Ronnie, Carl Serrant and Ian Bennett, he’s agreed to step aside to allow us to do this."

They didn't call it a sacking, but they found a replacement and told him he wasn't needed. He had the good grace not to fight them over it. Not that he could do much. It's only not a sacking if you believe the spin.

Fair play, bad decision lol should have waited will the end of the season, Warnock was doing just fine. Moore has now come in with no transfer window and unfamiliar with the squad 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

11 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Fair play, bad decision lol should have waited will the end of the season, Warnock was doing just fine. Moore has now come in with no transfer window and unfamiliar with the squad 

Moore might end up decent, but Warnock got 8 points in 5 games and got binned. 😂

I'd much rather have Warnock there for a scrap at the bottom of the league though. They look soft all of a sudden now.

6 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Has the gap between the championship and premier league ever been bigger? 

It's more when teams who have been in there numerous years slip through the net. If Burnley, Sheffield United and Luton go down i wouldn't back any of them to come back up. We are probably the biggest anomaly in championship history.