Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

What a job McKenna is doing at Ipswich.

To have won 13 of 14 and have a team only a game in hand a two points behind is mad.

Any other season and they are running away with the title. No one can seem to outwit them at the moment, they score at will despite conceding a lot of goals.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Any other season and they are running away with the title. No one can seem to outwit them at the moment, they score at will despite conceding a lot of goals.

General opinion is that more shite refereeing helped them out today. Ipswich should have been down to ten and maybe 2 down before they equalised.

I actually had Ipswich and Plymouth in the top 6 before the start of the season, it's that whole momentum thing that we had so often under Pearson. Even so for Ipswich to have only lost twice this calendar year is incredible.

4 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

They are genuinely better than us, fair play 

They're probably not better but their run so far is equally as impressive and I'd say even more impressive considering they were newly promoted. Full respect to them and I can't wait for the game against them. Their fans must be in dreamland right now, we've been through the same feelings before. 

• Like 1

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

On one hand I assume their fans don't give a **** really. But to be as good as they are, to have the record breaking start they've had, but still not be top must be quite frustrating. 

Yeah any other season they would be certain to win the title 

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

They're probably not better but their run so far is equally as impressive and I'd say even more impressive considering they were newly promoted. Full respect to them and I can't wait for the game against them. Their fans must be in dreamland right now, we've been through the same feelings before. 

This makes sense, their run is more impressive from where they have come from, full respect and it looks as though this will be the top two at the end of the season 

1 minute ago, Midlands_tractor said:

It’s not frustrating at all, we were abit pissed to be behind Plymouth all last year but  to be second in the championship first time round behind Leicester and ahead of Leeds.. it’s dream land stuff. We have a really hard December, if we can keep our run going till then and do ok in December then hopefully we’ll get through it but I can deffo see you guys pulling away over the festive period. 
For a few minutes today we closed right in on you with the game in hand but hey ho you always seem to find a way like all the good teams

I hope you keep it up. I'm glad you all see the bigger picture (which I assume you would on the whole) 

Fair play to Ipswich. I hope they keep it up with the exception of the two games against us and on any weekends where we don't win (because let's be honest, we can't keep this run up forever... can we?)

Plymouth look a decent side too.  Two good young managers at those clubs by the looks of it.

• Like 1