Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Lansdown did at least try to build them a new stadium and following failure, restructured the stadium which, I'm told, is quite decent. However, sharing and giving equal status with the rugby club will end badly. Ashton Gate has been the home to the football club for decades and Lansdown's Bristol Sport enterprise has diluted the clubs influence and presence. Pearson can do better. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Lansdown did at least try to build them a new stadium and following failure, restructured the stadium which, I'm told, is quite decent. However, sharing and giving equal status with the rugby club will end badly. Ashton Gate has been the home to the football club for decades and Lansdown's Bristol Sport enterprise has diluted the clubs influence and presence. Pearson can do better. 

he owns the Rugby club as well why wouldn't he give them equal status? Probably costs him less to run the Rugby club too given they are in the Premiership and play in Europe every year

36 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I know he was probably leaking stuff but our medical department was never better than when Dave Rennie was running it bring him back apparently he's gone with Pearson so is free, Kingy as a coach if he wants to retire too

Bristol City’s injury record seems pretty poor whilst they have had Rennie

11 players out before he left with Pearson

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Where’s all these people telling me that Bristol City were gonna be top 6? He never shifted them any higher than about 14th.

A lot of people talk a lot about budgets too but teams, with much less budget, did much more. You only have to look at the play off final last season.

They're only 5 points off the playoffs to be fair? Also just to add for calling folk out, you also went fairly quiet about Dyche for a bit after he kept Everton up at our expense so.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he owns the Rugby club as well why wouldn't he give them equal status? Probably costs him less to run the Rugby club too given they are in the Premiership and play in Europe every year

How would you feel if we shared our home with Leicester Tigers?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Genuinely think he’s more of a rugby fan than a football fan from reading into. 

Edit: just read a quote that said he was a football fan first, so I’m wrong on that. 

the references in that sacking article gave me a wry smile, this is a club what have always struggled to get into the top flight, historically. 

Edited by CosbehFox

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Replies full of Ipswich saying no foul lol, can see his right leg get clipped as the defender flies in with no contact on the ball. Surprised to see Gavin Ward still officiating at this level.

Apparently it’s a fake voice over from an old rugby clip but tee still a bad decision which would have caused uproar .

29 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

They're only 5 points off the playoffs to be fair? Also just to add for calling folk out, you also went fairly quiet about Dyche for a bit after he kept Everton up at our expense so.

Fox92 seems a good guy but also happy to pipe up to slate Nige which I find odd

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Apparently it’s a fake voice over from an old rugby clip but tee still a bad decision which would have caused uproar .

Suspected as much when the audio cut after the tackle and he called the ref a di**head. Not the most oooh arr oooh arr accent either, not what I'd expect from Plymouth anyway. Definitely a foul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Yup. All correct and he's actually more of a rugby man anyway.

The issue is more how the football, rugby and basketball clubs are all wrapped up under the Bristol Sports corporate umbrella. 

It's no secret that Lansdown has wanted to sell the football club for ages, but he insists selling the entire Bristol Sports umbrella and all potential buyers linked so far are only interested in the football club. 

The football club has no chance until this changes. 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Bristol City’s injury record seems pretty poor whilst they have had Rennie

11 players out before he left with Pearson

Yeah the Rennie fallacy is laughable when it comes to injuries...however where he did improve the players was conditioning for those who actually stayed fit!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Yup. All correct and he's actually more of a rugby man anyway.

The issue is more how the football, rugby and basketball clubs are all wrapped up under the Bristol Sports corporate umbrella. 

It's no secret that Lansdown has wanted to sell the football club for ages, but he insists selling the entire Bristol Sports umbrella and all potential buyers linked so far are only interested in the football club. 

The football club has no chance until this changes. 

I don't believe that King Power would've been interested in LCFC had it a resident, half owned, rugby club in it. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, westernpark said:

Well I presume it doesn’t because King Power would have been all over it by now. 

It'd be very cost efficient for both parties, but too many egos involved to ever make it work. It's been tried before, Tigers think they are the big ticket in town when they're really not.

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It'd be very cost efficient for both parties, but too many egos involved to ever make it work. It's been tried before, Tigers think they are the big ticket in town when they're really not.

Yes I remember previously (2007 time?). However despite enjoying rugby, I dislike the local team and would find it very difficult to share the stadium with them.

3 hours ago, nathan. said:

Has to be for health reasons.

3 hours ago, westernpark said:

They would sack him because he has poor health? Bit harsh.

Did he not even get a referral to Occupational Health?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Did he not even get a referral to Occupational Health?

Am sure that would've been advised/made to him soon after any tests he had taken?

Have to admit, in some of recent the photos of him it seems to appear that he doesn't look well in his face.

Edited by Wymsey

25 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I’d have preferred to have been watching them last season to us!