Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Outside of this message board is nige's stock high enough to walk into another championship job? His record since leaving City for the 2nd time is pretty bad. Failed at Derby, failed in Belgium had a huge falling out with the owners at Watford then more or less stood still with Bristol for 3 years. 

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

Outside of this message board is nige's stock high enough to walk into another championship job?

When Warnock is about to come out of retirement for the 93rd time and characters like Beale, Ainsworth, Wagner are making the rounds, absolutely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It'd be very cost efficient for both parties, but too many egos involved to ever make it work. It's been tried before, Tigers think they are the big ticket in town when they're really not.

Guess it's ones of them where in rugby they are a big ticket, one of the biggest in the country. But fan pull and associated monetary value just isn't in rugby 

53 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Outside of this message board is nige's stock high enough to walk into another championship job? His record since leaving City for the 2nd time is pretty bad. Failed at Derby, failed in Belgium had a huge falling out with the owners at Watford then more or less stood still with Bristol for 3 years. 

Yeah but

Yeah but 

..he fought off a pack of wolves with his bare hands!

• Haha 1

I think Pearson leaving bristol city is probably best for both. Things became stale. Nige needs to enjoy the rest... another decent championship will come up. Though he should avoid qpr, that club is doomed. Pearson to Sheffield United in the prem is not impossible.

Edited by Leicesterpool

8 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Not been given a penny to spend, played 3 of the best sides in the league in his last 5 games and is still roughly midtable

Reeks of their chairman/owner's ego being hurt about something Nigel will have said

Absolutely spot on. 

I don't mind telling you that I am bereft. 

And I am bereft of a football club. Mine has been stolen. And I will not support it again until the thieves leave. 

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Lansdown did at least try to build them a new stadium and following failure, restructured the stadium which, I'm told, is quite decent. However, sharing and giving equal status with the rugby club will end badly. Ashton Gate has been the home to the football club for decades and Lansdown's Bristol Sport enterprise has diluted the clubs influence and presence. Pearson can do better. 

He certainly can.

6 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Genuinely think he’s more of a rugby fan than a football fan from reading into. 

Edit: just read a quote that said he was a football fan first, so I’m wrong on that. 

the references in that sacking article gave me a wry smile, this is a club what have always struggled to get into the top flight, historically. 

You are not wrong. 

He definitely prefers rugby. Only got into football because of his useless (treacherous) son. 

And let's not forget, he was a Bristol Rovers supporter before that. 

The bloke is an egotistical, narcissistic charlatan. 

2 hours ago, HybridFox said:

There goes any goodwill with Bristol City. Hope they rot. Glad we had the opportunity to thank Nigel while we had the chance

Bit harsh. Most of us love him as much as you do.

Mind you, I am not 'us' after today. I hope we rot too. Until the Lansdowns leave.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I think Pearson is finished to be honest. He was considering retirement last summer and the health problems might mean he decides to concentrate on life away from football. 

I hope he does. Because it would break my heart to see him elsewhere. 

I guess you guys would know about that.

4 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Bit harsh. Most of us love him as much as you do.

Mind you, I am not 'us' after today. I hope we rot too. Until the Lansdowns leave.

Fair play for responding. It's never nice to hear about rogue owners. Probably a tad harsh in retrospect given you still have Kingy and Matty James after all!

10 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Second longest serving manager in the division prior to the sacking. Apparently they've got tons of injuries too. Poor decision on the face of it. Table position is poor but it's very congested.

The injuries bit doesn’t fit the narrative with the messiah that is Dave Rennie. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I know he was probably leaking stuff but our medical department was never better than when Dave Rennie was running it bring him back apparently he's gone with Pearson so is free, Kingy as a coach if he wants to retire too

Bristol have had more injuries than we ever had.